Prepare for the Hackathon:
- Create a sample Salesforce Mobile App and a Sencha Touch App
- http://www2.developerforce.com/mobile/ - Install tools from here
- http://www.sencha.com/products/touch/ - Install Sencha Touch and Sencha Architect tools
- Set up your laptop to be able to run sample mobile apps from Salesforce and Sencha
- Install XMPP or some other webserver
- Set up your github account or some other repository
9:00-9:15 Registration, croissants, bagels, coffee
9:15-9:25 Guiding comments from Sencha
9:25-9:35 Guiding comments from Salesforce
9:35-10:00 2 minutes per person to pitch idea and solicit team members, register teams
10:00 Coding begins
12:00 Working lunch!
4:00 Snack items
5:00 Coding stops, demo begins (5 minutes per team)
5:45 Prizes, raffles handed out
6:00 Hackathon concludes
- Max 4 people can be in one team
- One person can be only in one team
- Must be present to receive the prize
- All code must be new (no copy paste from previously developed code)
- Must show progress to judges/mentors between 11am-12pm and between 3pm-4pm
- Laptop, USB Thumb drive
- Electricity, internet
- Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, beverages, beer
- A grand prize of $1000 from Salesforce
- Two Sencha Touch bundles from Sencha
- SenchaCon discount to all attendees
This is a unique "MobileCloud" Hackathon. Mobile enterprise apps are the next frontier in application development. Demand for these apps is huge, and it is much easier for an application to stand out in the enterprise market versus the consumer app market.
Join us for a hack day where you will work to build Enterprise HTML5 mobile apps using the very best mobile developer services. Salesforce is the best cloud development platform for enterprise apps; with unmatched security and exciting mobile packs that help you build a successful app. Enterprise apps are data driven, and Salesforce keeps your data and business logic in the cloud and lets you easily and securely bring that data down to the mobile devices with its mobile packs. Sencha is one of the best HTML5 mobile application frameworks, offering native looks which help you quickly build a mobile app. At this hack day you'll combine the power of Salesforce with the Sencha HTML5 tools to create great apps.
Experts from the Salesforce Developer Evangelism team and Sencha will be on hand to guide you during the hack. Full details on hack format and rules will be provided soon. Food, drinks, and prizes are generously provided by our sponsors Salesforce and Sencha.
All attendees will receive a discount for SenchaCon 2013 coming up July 16-19 in Orlando, Florida.