Join our 6 week course, where you will gain a better understanding of voice user interface (VUI) best practices, from identifying the right use cases to following an effective process and crafting advanced voice interactions. You will also learn how to code, publish and maintain an Alexa skill.
To learn more about this course, visit our website here:
- 6-week training course
- 12 students per class
- Once a week from 6:00 pm- 8:30 pm.
- Who is the Training for?
Designed for those who are looking to gain a holistic understanding of voice user interface best practices and those who want to learn how to code, publish and maintain an Alexa skill. If you’re aim to gain the skills needed to incorporate industry leading voice experiences to your products then this is the right course for you.
On the course you will learn about:
- Mastering Conversation Design: Acquire the skills needed to design industry leading conversations in voice, a course built with support from Amazon
- Prototyping and Testing Voice Experiences: Create low and high fidelity voice prototypes and learn practical ways for usability testing voice experiences
- Advanced Topics in VUI: Learn best practices for advanced topics in voice, including multi-modal interactions and dealing with privacy and safety
- Evaluating Use Cases for Voice: Understand the benefits and limitations of voice and ensure you’re utilising it for the tasks that will provide real value to your users.
- Deliverables for Certification: Learn how to produce all the deliverables required by Amazon to certify an enterprise level skill including voice user flows, scripts and account linking screens
- Development of Alexa Skills: Get a solid understanding of how Alexa skills are set up and coded and be in a position to have informed conversations with technical stakeholders.
TO ATTEND, YOU MUST BOOK YOUR PLACE VIA EVENTBRITE:
Week 1: Introduction to Voice Interfaces
– History of voice Interfaces
- Appropriate use cases
- Design Process
Week 2: Design your first Alexa Skill, Part 1
– Conversation fundementals
- Voice interactions with Amazon Alexa
- Usability contraints of voice
Week 3: Design your first Alexa Skill, Part 2
– Identifying intents and utterances
– User flows for voice
– Multi-modal interactions
– Account Linking
Week 4: Usability Testing for Voice interactions
– Test structure & facilitation techniques
– Identifying appropriate testing methods, including Wizard of OZ
– Intro to usability testing
Week 5: Building your Alexa Skill
– Understanding Amazon Alexa Developer Platform
– Setting up a working skill
– Configure, Develop, Test skill
Week 6: Making it Live
– Learning to code advanced skills
– Certification process
– Understanding and extracting meaning from analytics
Sign-up to this course via this link: https://myuxacademy.com/product/designing-for-voice-alexa/
"It’s a great course for anyone who would like to get into this emerging technology – Voice Design. The tutors Stratis and Goncalo, are having real time experience in Voice Design working for reputed companies. They are friendly and massively helpful guiding us through the challenges and suggesting us to see the objective of the project in the right direction. The content that’s been prepared and presented in the course is a really good start to get our heads around the Voice design. I wouldn’t say this is an extensive course for the Voice Design but it’s a good start into that technology." - Ramana Jaini (UX, Product & Visual Designer)
Not convinced yet?, Find more testimonials here: