3727 Comus St, Portland, OR
We all want to feel as good as we possibly can, right? Optimum physical, emotional, and energetic health can benefit our lives in many ways. Join us each Wednesday, from 5:45 – 7:45 pm and learn Qigong forms, breathing techniques, and meditations that can help you achieve the vitality you were meant to have!
Right now we are practicing a form called Marriage of Heaven and Earth (MHE). MHE, one of the oldest Daoist Qigong sets is very simple in its external form, the complete set consists of only two movements. While simple, MHE is highly effective, optimizing the function of the liver and gall-bladder, releasing tension, and opening joints.
According to Daoist lore, we are the bridge between the dense Earth on which we stand and the expanse of the Heavens above. Through the process of this connection, we are able to release many imbalances within our minds and bodies. Regular practice of MHE supports this process, providing us with greater physical health, calmer emotions, and clarity of mind.
All of our practices and forms are Neigong. Neigong is a branch of Qigong, a Daoist internal art that was developed over 4,000 years ago, in the 20th century BC China. Through physical structure, breath work, and direction of the mind Neigong allows us to identify and unwind our physical, emotional, and psychospiritual tension patterns. Through a system of coordinated movements, breath-work, and meditations Neigong can help you to develop a truly intimate connection with your mind and body.
This class is open to all levels of experience and practice.
· Discover principles of movement and structural alignments of the body
· Explore practices to activate the energetic body
· Open energetic pathways in the body
· Dissolve physical, energetic, and emotional blockages
· Deepen the connection between body and spirit
Neigong focuses on the greater internal components that make up an effective Qigong practice, including:
· Micro-details of alignments of your structure and tension patterns
· How to lengthen the tissues of the body to release stress and accumulated stagnation
· Various breathing methods
· Various forms and postures primarily from the Dragon's Gate lineage
The first month of classes is free!
$150 per month thereafter