Mommy and Me of Suffolk County is a non-profit social club and support community created for and by local moms with babies and young children. We enjoy getting together regularly with our kids to make new friends and have fun. Our mission is to bring moms together in person to make real connections and friendships that outlive our time in this group.
Our organization is very active. Most weeks we have 8 or more events to choose from, including many on weekdays and sometimes on nights and weekends for our working mothers. We're proud that over 400 different moms have participated in person in our events over the past 3 years. Group membership is currently free because it has been subsidized by our amazing sponsors. Most of our events are completely free too and hosted by volunteers.
If you are a mom living in Suffolk County, Long Island NY and you would like to make new friends for yourself and children, please create a free account and start making friends at Mommy & Me of Suffolk County today!
1. Be a mother of a child born after 2010 and currently live in Suffolk County, Long Island, NY
2. Use a group profile photo that shows your face so you can be recognized at our get togethers.
3. Provide your full name for safety and accountability reasons
4. Be ready to meet in person. If you join, but don't attend events within a few weeks of joining your membership will be deactivated
If you apply and remain "membership pending" for more than a week, please reach out to the organizers as typically applicants meeting all of these requirements are approved within a few days. If you do not meet these requirements, your application will either be declined or left in pending status indefinitely.
We're pretty laid back. To remain in the group we ask for some basic courtesies:
1. Treat everyone in the group with kindness and respect
2. Attend stuff! You must come out in person your first month of joining and then we'd like to see everyone in person at an event at least once every 6 months.
3. You are accountable for your RSVPs and notifying hosts when your plans change.
4. Please no business promotion of any kind in our get together. If you want to let our community know about your product or service, please consider becoming a paid sponsor
Our mission is to bring moms together in person to make real connections and friendships that outlive our time in this group!
• We're proud that over 400 different moms have come out in person to our events over the past 3 years. This is not just an online community.
• This group is truly a team effort: we have 27 main organizers and over 90 of our members have hosted events. You are welcome to host too!
• We have a nice mix of regulars and new members in the group. It's nice to be able to see familiar faces each week while still making new friends!
• We're very active. Most weeks we have 10 or more events to choose from, including nights and weekends. It is not uncommon to have 20 moms or more come out to a single event and if big crowds are not your thing we have smaller events too.
• There are almost 700 babies and children in this group, most ranging between newborn and 5 years.
Most of our events are either completely free or under $5. We do things like:
• New mom chats
• stroller walks
• group parties for Valentines day, Halloween, our group founding date, and the holidays
• Messy sensory play
• Baby play dates
• toddler nature hikes
• free mom 5k training and run/walking as a team in local charity races
• home play dates
• toddler educational play dates
• museum and zoo field trips (often discounted)
• pool parties
• playground play dates
• private discounted events at local children's centers and play places
• Children's yoga
• our very own toddler bowling league
• mom-only special events like group tea parties, coffee nights, mom cocktails, bowling, and mini golfing