addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Triangle MongoDB User Group Message Board › Mongo Expertise Needed: Contract Job

Mongo Expertise Needed: Contract Job

A former member
Post #: 27
I'm forwarding an email I received to the group.

--

Here are the details for my client.
My client offers a state of the art, online video interactive shopping experience.
A major part of their business involves capturing and storing web analytics data.
They are currently doing this using Google Analytics with a MySql backend.
They are quickly out growing the capabilities of that system and have decided to abandon the licensing model and build their own open source system.
They need to ramp up to be able to handle approx. 200mil views per month with about 10 events/actions per view.
Their goal is to move to an open source web analytics system, i.e. Piwik or OWA which are both written in PHP, hence the need for PHP dev experience.
They also want to replace their MySQL backend with a big data backend, preferably MongoDB, but also open to others such as Hbase.

The right candidate will have experience directly related to the above description.
The client is also open to 100% remote work, with a site visit or two.
An hourly rate has not been set for this project.
What the client is willing to pay will be greatly influenced by the amount of time the candidate needs to complete the project. The faster the better.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.
Thanks in advance for any referrals.

Regards,

--------------------------------------­-----------
James Misa, Technical Recruiter
james at andiamo-group.com

Sales and IT Placement
44 Montgomery Street
Suite 1250
San Francisco, CA 94104
415.374.8017 Phone
415.374.8030 Fax
510.760.2500 Cell