47 S Park Pl, Morristown, NJ
Songbook is complete! Here's a link: http://files.meetup.com/11664582/1%20Cold%20Songs%20Songbook.pdf
It’s a cold world out there, so button up your overcoat, drink some cocoa and chill out. This month we’ll be celebrating the impending winter here in NJ by melting our cold, cold hearts with cool tunes.
We’ll follow our usual agenda, with a playalong to our new COLD SONGS SONGBOOK (linked above) followed by a round-robin style jam. Bring a song to play for us or lead us in playing with you, your choice. We promise to be a generous and encouraging audience. (Bonus points for following the “Cold Songs” theme, but as always YOU call the shots when you’re up!)
As always, I encourage you to arrive hungry and thirsty and to generously patronize Anthony’s, which has a full menu of food and drink. I’ll arrive at least 30 minutes early to have dinner and to assist anyone who’d like some help on the songs for the night. FEEL FREE to contact me with any questions or concerns! And then COME OUT AND PLAY with us!
COLD SONGS SONGBOOK songs:
- Cold, Cold Heart (Hank Williams)
- Ice Cream Man (John Brim, Van Halen)
- Hazy Shade Of Winter (Simon & Garfunkel, The Bangles)
- Siberia (Backstreet Boys)
- She’s So Cold (The Rolling Stones)
- Everything Is Cool (John Prine)
- Cold December Night (Michael Buble)
- I Want A Ukulele For Christmas (Marco original)
- Siberia (Lords Of Liechtenstein)
- Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out (Bruce Springsteen)
Previous MUJ songs on the “cold” theme that you can bring for the jam if you’d like:
- Button Up Your Overcoat
- Cold Coffee (Ed Sheeran)
- We Need A Little Christmas
- Anything from the Magnetic Velveteens’ Xmas songbook
And of course also appropriate would be any songs by:
- Ice Cube
- LL Cool J
- Rita Coolidge
- Vanilla Ice
- Anything from the movie “Frozen”
- Anything from Bjork (she’s from Iceland!)
And since this will be our last official meetup for the year, feel free to bring any holiday songs you’d like. Christmas, Hanukkah, Festivus, Kwanzaa, Solstice - we’ll be glad to celebrate with you.
Have fun prepping or DON’T prep at all, but COME OUT AND PLAY!!!