1809 4th Street, , Berkeley, CA
Motion Theater® is a form of autobiographical improvisation developed by bay area performer and teacher Nina Wise. Learn to tell true stories about your life experiences, utilizing movement, narrative, and vocal sounds. Classes include solo, duet, and group improvisation. It is both a performance art and a transformative practice; and can be great fun as well as deeply meaningful.
The next series of beginning classes will start on Monday night January 16th and continue through February 27th. The fee for the seven week series is $199.
An intermediate level class will be on Wednesday nights, during the same weeks. See www.motiontheater.org for other workshops and performances.
Classes include structured activities designed to:
• Warm up the voice and the body
• Move freely in response to inner impulses and impulses received from others
• Integrate sound and movement, as well as stories and movement
• Play theater games that develop creative collaboration
• Generate personal narrative
• Understand the elements of successful storytelling
• Respond to and support partners in duet and ensemble practices
• Increase well being, elevate mood, gain insight, deepen intimacy, create community, enhance self confidence, and develop presence!
For more information check out my website at http://www.sybilmeyer.com/