Implementation of CI/CD with Sunitha Jalagam
CI/CD is essential to software development using Agile methodologies which recommends the use of automated testing to get working software into the hands of real users as quickly as possible. This allows stakeholders and users to access newly created features and provide feedback as soon as possible, so features can be iteratively improved upon.
A fully automated CI/CD pipeline needs no human interventions. It has a sequential flow of actions. You get a centralized managerial view of the progress across all the stages. Setting up these stages may have a challenge attached to them. Let’s see what these stages and challenges are.
- The pipeline is triggered as soon as the code is pushed to SCM.
– The latest change is checked out on a central CI/CD server as the pipeline kicks-off.
– Right after the checkout, the build starts, and the artifacts are created.
– The application is brought up, and tests are run.
– Pipeline fails and notifies the administrators in case tests fail.
– If the tests are successful, the build is deployed to the application servers.
6:00pm - 6:30pm - dinner and networking
6:30pm - 7:30pm - main presentation
7:30pm - 8:30pm - swag giveaways, socializing and networking
Location: 1520 Woodward Ave, Detroit. Thanks to Detroit Labs for hosting!
Dinner and refreshments are provided! Be sure to note dietary restrictions when RSVPing
Sunitha Jalagam is an automation tester for more than 10 years, started with Mainframe Programming, then got passion in Software testing.