Thank you, Racers, for committing to this event:
Proposed Rule Change re Classis:
The Competition Committee unanimously implemented a Rule change effective this time/date restructuring classes. The primary reason for this change is the last two events, Hell's Loop and Salton Sea, were fraught with high winds that preclude small-displacement racers from effectively participating. The new classes are:
501cc to 850cc
401cc to 500cc
300cc to 400cc
200cc to 299cc
126cc to 175cc
90cc to 125cc
49cc to 70cc
Carl Hancock/Kymco S9 70cc
Alan Spears/Aprilia SR50 4t Motard
VINTAGE (At least 15 years old per registration or VIN)
49cc to 250cc
RACE LENGTH FOR CLASSES VI AND VII:
Classes VI and VII will be racing a total distance of approximately 237 miles:
Kingman to Boulder City
Boulder City to Searchlight
Searchlight to Bullhead City
Bullhead City to Kingman
The inclement Wx course for Classes VI and VII will be a total distance of approximately 120 miles:
Kingman to Oatman
Oatman to Needles
Needles to Bullhead City
Bullhead City to Kingman
In 'good weather' Classes VI and VII will run approximately 50% or 200-miles of a 400-mile race. In 'inclement' weather Classes VI and VII will run approximately 25% or 100-miles of a 400-mile race.
The manufacturer's published displacement specification shall be determinative of Class entry. Modifications to bore/stroke shall be disclosed to the Chief Tech Inspector for Class determination.
* Officially Entered
** Not Yet Entered
Revised: 27APR2021@16:00 PDT
Anyone who thinks she or he can win First Place Overall plez put a $100.00 in the pot. If you don't put a Hundred Bucks in the pot, you're not eligible for any prize money even if you finish first overall. The money goes to the first person to finish who's in the pot.
RACE PROTOCOL: Any breach of this Protocol will result in automatic disqualification! START/FINISH: Motel 6, Kingman, AZ
1. Pre-Entry Only. Racers MUST officially pre-enter, and sign the required liability waiver prior to starting the race.
2. Riders. The only person allowed to ride/operate a scooter or cycle entered in this race is the designated entered rider.
3. Engines/Repairs. Engines and chassis mechanical maintenance and repairs must be effected while the scooter or cycle is stationary. No “rolling” repairs on a trailer or in a van. No engine swaps allowed. Rebuild it, but don’t swap it out.
4. Driver’s License. Riders MUST carry a valid State-issued driver’s license at all times, properly endorsed for a motor-scooter.
5. Scooter. Rider’s must complete the race on the scooter he/she started on, entirely under the scooter’s own power. NO SWITCHING RIDERS OR SCOOTERS! Any tailoring, trucking or towing, other than AAA Emergency Roadside Service to the nearest safe haven such as a scooter or motorcycle shop, will result in automatic disqualification. Rider’s caught cheating will be barred from future MSILSF races! If you break down, immediately take a “selfie” of you and your racer, and send it, together with your precise location (and GPS coordinates if possible) to: the Chief Tech at: [masked]. This is a MUST DO!
6. Busted. Vehicle Code violation citations issued by any State Trooper, Highway Patrolman, Deputy Sheriff, Policeman, or Public Safety Officer must be presented to MSILSF Chief Tech Inspector Dennis Rowe immediately after obtaining the Finisher Time Stamp. A citation for a moving violation, such as speeding/unsafe speed, unsafe passing, DUI or reckless driving, may subject the rider to disqualification.
7. Race Route: Riders must complete the race course to be counted as a finisher.
8. Awards shall be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers.
9. Reserved Right. MSILSF reserves the right to revise this Protocol. All MSI logos are protected by U.S. Copyright All rights reserved.