840 Mauldin Road, Greenville, SC
• Beginners and kids with parents are welcome to join the fun!
• This ride is good for beginner or intermediate riders that want to work on skills and confidence while riding.
• Required: Properly fitting helmet, bicycle (does not need to be fancy), proper footwear (no open toe)
• Recommended: Gloves, drinks and snacks to have at the break time.
• This is a free event - organized by local mountain bike enthusiasts
30 min of Skills and drills are selected based on the group and current skill levels, some of the drills we choose from are:
30 min of trail riding
· Equipment check – helmet, brakes, bike fit
· Peddling, coasting, braking, shifting
· Slalom cones – balance, tight turns, cornering
· Small bumps
Intermediate Drills - if intermediate riders attend
· Slowest ride – balance, braking
· Stop and Go – more advanced balance and braking
· Medium grade hills – up and down in control
· Steeper grade hills - up and down in control
· Medium bumps and drops
· Medium skinny’s
Please note: Parents/Guardians are encouraged to ride with their kids for the trail ride. However, the park is small enough that they may watch and stay within eye/ear shot of the riding.
The trails and length of ride are selected to accommodate the group's experience level and stamina. Skills learned are practiced on the trails.
Please be advised that mountain biking can sometimes be a dangerous sport and you are solely responsible for your own safety, parents/guardians are solely responsible for their children.
Your RSVP is your acknowledgement of this risk and your agreement that you will be solely responsible for yourself and your children and hold all other persons and parties involved in this event harmless in every way. Thank you.