Meetup no longer supports file uploading. To upload photos, please use the Photos section of your Meetup group; for other file types, we recommend that you use another service, many of which are mobile-friendly and free, such as Dropbox or Google Drive.
Files that have been previously uploaded are still accessible below. We recommend that you save any files that you want to keep to your computer.
Help support your MeetupChip in
Calling all Big Dogs and their friends*: Great Pyrenees, Bernese Mountain Dogs, Newfoundlands, St. Bernards, Great Danes, Shepards, Bouviers, Wolfhounds, Mastiffs, Big Labs and big whatever-mixes! Let's get together with our BIG DOGS and have some fun. Our meetups will be varied but will include trail/path walks, dog parks, fundraising walks, social meetings and more. Our events are *not* intended to be primarily off-leash (there are other dog meetups that do feature off-leash activities). Because many of these breeds have heavy coats many walks will feature water or may take place during cooler weather. Meetups will be held weekends as well as weekdays. Please feel free to post Suggested Meetups at any time! I am happy to announce them to the group. If you are going to join us please read the group information below.
*This group is not limited to big dogs, although your smaller dog should be comfortable around big dogs. Humans without dogs are also welcome to attend by contacting the organizer in advance of an event.
IMPORTANT MOUNTAIN DOG / BIG DOG PLAYTIME GROUP INFORMATION:
1) RSVP-ing “Yes” to a meet-up indicates that you have read and accept the terms of this meetup group's Liability Waiver. (Liability Waiver is available on the “About” page and is posted in the Group Discussion List area of the meetup website, or you may request the Liability Waiver by e-mailing the group organizer.)
2) If you initially RSVP “Yes” but find that you cannot attend a meet-up, you agree to change your RSVP to “No” (even if it is “at the last minute”). It's frustrating to wait for someone (one finds out later) who wasn't coming anyway.
3) We usually wait up to 10 minutes after the announced start time to accommodate newcomers or those who get lost on their way to a meetup. The organizer(s) and the others attending will decide whether to wait the full 10 minutes or not as first priority must be the happiness and safety of the dogs and people present. Organizers/event hosts may decide to wait longer if members communicate that they are en route.
4) If it's your first time to a location plan extra time for unexpected traffic or detours. Use Mapquest or a GPS Navigator to help you arrive at the location on time. Please provide your phone number to the organizer(s) and/or event host(s) and make sure you have his/hers/theirs.
5) Please let your organizer(s) or event host(s) know if you are late, lost or suddenly find you cannot attend by phone or text message!
6) All efforts are made to maintain the accuracy of meet-up announcements, but you acknowledge that errors may sometimes occur and you have no claim against the organizer(s), event host(s) and/or group member(s) or other attendees for any inconvenience or negative impacts of an error.
7) IF YOUR DOG GETS LOST: It is not the responsibility of the organizer(s), event host(s) or other group members or attendees to find your dog for you. However, most of us will be happy to help with the search. But the final responsibility is yours. Please keep your dog on a leash if he/she is not well-trained to voice command or is a threat to the safety of other people or dogs. Please see xxxx as a reminder that it only takes one instance of ignoring a command to end your dog's life.
It costs $19.00 per month to keep this meetup group running (fee determined by Meetup.com). It's not a great expense but any donation toward the maintenance fee would be greatly appreciated. Any fees collected over the monthly fee will be used to purchase common items for a group event such as a picnic, or to purchase items benefiting the group such as a canine emergency kit. If this occurs the overage and the item(s) purchased will be announced on the Meetup group site.
Advice for the Trail:
Things to keep in mind and look out for:
Dogs that wander off
Hunting seasons (idea: keep a blaze orange vest for yourself and your dog(s) in your car)
Hurt or cut paws from sharp rocks and terrain (even underwater)
Torn paw pads from excessive exercise
Fleas, ticks and other parasites
Embedded plant life in dog fur such as stinging nettles, foxtails, spiny stems, etc.
Poison Ivy! Know what it looks like in all seasons and in its many variations. There are products that form preventive barriers to or are specifically designed to remove poison ivy oil. Unfortunately the oil must be removed within a short time of skin exposure to have a chance of preventing the rash on those susceptible. Please also be aware that poison ivy oil can be deposited on your dog's fur and can then be spread to your hands or other body parts by petting. Use COLD water to remove poison ivy oil.
You may want to purchase a pet emergency kit or take a pet first aid class
When you joined Meetup you entered into the Meetup Terms of Service Agreement which included a release in Section 6.2*. The following liability waiver is intended to support the Terms of Service Agreement and also address some situations specifically related to engaging in activities outdoors and with dogs. You will be asked to sign a form indicating that you have read and understand this information.
1) By RSVP-ing “Yes” to a meetup you agree that you have read and accept the Meetup Information posted above and the following conditions:
2) You are responsible for having the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities, clothing, and equipment to safely participate in the meetup activity.
3) If attending a hiking event, you certify that you know and will follow the Hiker Responsibility Code described at hikesafe.com.
4) You understand that the organizer(s) and event leaders(s) are volunteers and you release, hold harmless, and indemnify the organizers(s), event leader(s) and all individuals participating in the meetup activity from any and all claims by you, your invited guests and your dog(s) for property damage, injury, illness, disability, and/or death - including those caused by negligence and/or other reasons.
5) You agree to take personal and financial responsibility for any damages to property, people or other dog(s) caused by your dog(s) or any dog(s) you have brought to the meetup.
6) Some events may include the availability of beer/wine/ alcoholic beverages. You must be of legal drinking age to participate in these meetups and you accept all legal responsibilities related to purchasing and/or consuming alcoholic beverages according to local and state laws.
7) If you choose to let your dog(s) off-leash, you are responsible for the dog's actions according to the terms of this Liability Waiver. You also agree to be responsible for any fines that may be incurred due to a breach of rules of the organization owning or responsible for the meetup location.
8) You are responsible for having available or producing a copy of rabies vaccinations and immunizations for your dog(s) or any dog(s) you bring to a meetup activity.
*Meetup Terms of Service Agreement Section 6.2 (May 23, 2010 revision):
6.2 Release.Because we do not supervise or control the Meetup Group Meetings or interactions among or between members of Meetup Groups or Meetup Everywheres and other persons or companies, and because we are not involved in any way with physical transportation to or from Meetup Meetings or with the actions of any individuals at Meetup Meetings, and because we do not control Amazon.com, PayPal, credit card companies or other payment processing companies, and because we cannot guarantee the true identity, age, 3.3(b) (Meetup Everywhere Fees; New Meetup Everywhere Activation Fees), nationality of Platform users, and because we have very limited control, if any, over the quality, safety, morality, legality, truthfulness or accuracy of various aspects of the Platform you agree that you bear all risk and you agree to release us (and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party partners) and Organizers and Creators or Hosts and their designees from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Platform, your Third Party Transactions, our resolution of any disputes among users, and/or your transportation to or from, attendance at, or the actions of you or other persons at, a Meetup Gathering. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver. You waive and relinquish all rights and benefits which you have or may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California or any similar provision of the statutory or non-statutory law of any other jurisdiction (including without limitation the states of Missouri, Delaware and Pennsylvania) to the full extent that you may lawfully waive all such rights and benefits.
I, _________________________________________ (print name) , have read and understand the Liability Waiver and important information for Mountain Dog / Big Dog PlayTime Meet-up Group.