North Wales, North Wales
This Meet-Up event is for people who would like to learn basic rock-climbing skills and ropework techniques appropriate to longer multi-pitch climbs. Ideally, you should already be familiar with tying basic knots (eg a Figure of Eight), tying in to your harness and belaying but this is not essential.
The main aim of this event is to build your repertoire of rock-climbing skills so that you can begin to tackle multi-pitch climbs as a member of a climbing pair safely – and be able to descend safely too .
Typically we will cover topics such as:
• Good, efficient climbing technique.
• Tying into a harness and belaying a partner.
• Planning a day’s multi-pitch climbing, including using guide-books and planning your descent.
• Protecting the climb by placing nuts, wires, cams, hexes and slings.
• Building anchors and managing belay stances.
• Descending via an abseil.
The full plan for the weekend will be:
Check in to hostel for 2 nights (included in full price).
Breakfast - either bring your own or enjoy an excellent local cooked breakfast in a nearby cafe.
Collect packed lunch (if wanted).
Day 1 - Introduction to rock-climbing, including guide books, route selection, equipment, rope techniques and ... rock-climbing!
Dinner - either bring your own or enjoy a gastro-pub meal very close by.
Breakfast and packed lunch - as above
Day 2 - Building on Day 1, further climbing on multi-pitch climbs using appropriate techniques in context, and hopefully including an abseil descent.
The cost of £180.00 is for instruction and use of equipment only. Accommodation can also be arranged for a total cost of £230.00, which includes 2 days instruction and 2 nights accommodation but does not include meals.
Harnesses, helmets, ropes and all technical climbing equipment will be provided if you do not have your own. You need to provide suitable outdoor clothing, including a waterproof jacket, a rucksack and climbing footwear.
1. We can make no guarantee about precise itineraries as these must be decided on the day for safety reasons, according to the prevailing weather conditions.
2. We comply with the 1992 Package Travel Regulations, giving you financial protection.
'Like' our Facebook page!
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.