We are so excited to be able to start this group of what we consider "FRIENDS WITH A PURPOSE!" Separation/divorce, starting a new career, moving into a new house, or whatever life change you're going through, we all know how difficult it can be when you go it alone.
Our purpose is to come together and explore new paths to happiness through entertaining, informative and FUN ways! We will provide many fun activities and opportunities for growth including...
- Moving Forward & Moving ON Celebrations
- Friday Night Book Parties
- Coed Conversion (meeting of the female & male minds)
- Holiday Singles parties
- Dance parties
- Get healthy events
... and so much more!!!
This is a great way to meet positive people, share experiences, get emotional support to help each other successfully navigate through our individual journeys and most of all HAVE FUN while doing it! From hurt to healing, we are all in this together!
We gladly welcome your attendance, friendship, suggestions, and feedback. If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact any of the organizers through our respective email addresses or at an event.
Please take a moment to review our guidelines before completing your profile.
Moving Forward with Friends Group Guidelines
1) Profile Pictures: Please post a recent, identifiable, single picture of yourself on your profile. This allows the organizers and members to recognize you at meetup events. Group shots, old photos, scenic pics or other images will not be permitted.
2) RSVP's: Please change your RSVP to "NO" if you can't attend an event. This allows our waiting list people to fill your slot. Our events are popular, and we would like everyone to have a chance to enjoy them. No-shows will not be permitted to sign up for subsequent events with limited attendance.
3) Wait lists: Please know, if you are on the wait list , there is a good chance you will be able to come to an event. Meetup automatically changes your RSVP to "Yes" when a spot becomes available.
4). Plus 1's: This option is not available for our home parties and other events with limited space, like Coed Conversion. Your friends are most welcome to join us at the other events, but we still encourage them to join MFWF's.
3) Home Parties: We require new members to attend a public event before coming to another member's home. For safety purposes we like to meet you at a public place first.
4) Event Fees: If there is an event fee, please be considerate and pay for it - even if something comes up at the time of the event. Organizers and event hosts occasionally use their personal money to make reservations or bookings and count on attendees' payments for reimbursement.
5) Slander: Members and organizers of MFWF's are going through difficult transitions, and we want this to be a safe group to come to for enjoyment and support. Please do not hurt anyone with gossip or harsh words. If you have a concern, we ask that you email the individual member instead of writing it in the conversation box for everyone to see.
6) Alcohol Consumption: Please keep your drinking within safe and legal limits while at an event.
7) Personal Information: For your safety, we strongly suggest limiting sharing personal information online. If you can not attend an event, changing your RSVP to "No" is sufficient. We also suggest refraining from posting your last name. Initials are fine.
8) Members undergoing Divorce: This is a highly stressful time in the lives of our members and we would like our Meetup group to be a safe and peaceful way to make new friends and to recover. We ask that only one spouse join MFWF's during the divorce process.
9) Relationships: We sincerely ask that our members respect people who are dating, as a couple, and refrain from interfering in their relationships.
10) Group Reputation: It is important to maintain a good relationship with the establishments we frequent. Please conduct yourself respectfully and tip fairly.
Here's to moving forward with friendship, integrity and safety!