Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/995800530479722 Highlights:
- Visit one of the most preserved n remote village - Chitkul. We bet - you will cry not to return from this heavenly and mesmerizing village
- Flexible trip with options of going for small treks, exploring the lesser known hamlets of kinnaur, visiting indo-tibet post etc.
- We bet - you would not have tasted such tasty curries made by naturally grown vegetables
Reporting place: Chandigarh
Sangla is a town in the Baspa Valley in the Kinnaur District of Himachal Pradesh, close to the Tibetan border, starting at Karcham and ends at Chitkul. The valley is surrounded by forested slopes and offers views of the high mountains. Baspa River flows in the Sangla Valley which is rich in apple orchards, apricot, Walnut, Cedar trees, and glacial streams with trout. Main villages in the valley include Chitkul, Rakcham, Batseri. This area boasts of growing the world's best quality potatoes. The valley remains closed for six months during winter.
Chitkul, on the banks of Baspa River is the last village on the old Hindustan-Tibet trade route. It is also the last point in India one can travel to without a permit. Chitkul is very cold and windy even during summers and the road normally closes down around November after the first snowfall.
26th March, Sunday
16:00 - Chandigarh is the final meeting point. You can reach Chandigarh by Train+Bus/cab (via Delhi) or direct train from Mumbai (12925 Paschim Express) or by Flight. Make sure you reach by 4pm in evening
18:00 - After a quick introduction, we take the bus for Karcham bridge (going towards Reckong Peo). This is the hardest part of the otherwise beautiful journey.
27th March, Monday
07:00- Reach Karcham and take the next bus or Jeep towards Sangla
08:00 - Reach Sangla, take breakfast, check-in and get fresh. Explore the town and market
14:00 - Post Lunch, we go to Kamru fort. Later we can also explore a little in the trail going towards snow clad mountain
19:00 - Come back to hotel, get ready for dinner and masti till you fall asleep
28th March, Tuesday
05:00- Today is an exciting day and thus we start very early. Lots of pictures to be taken till evening
06:00- Start trekking towards Kandha Valley. We take breakfast and lunch breaks on the way. We will cook our own lunch. Pass through the beautiful forested slopes of Kandha and reach the elusive pond which remains frozen for most part of the year
18:00 - Come back to hotel and get ready for dinner and masti till you fall asleep
29th March, Wednesday
08:00 - Move to Rakcham village in a jeep or bus. It is located 20kms from Sangla.
09:00 - Check-in at homestay or hotel of Rakcham and then we have full day to explore the mystic trails of Rakcham along the Baspa river. If possible, we explore the sheep trails in Mastarang village near Rakcham going up in the mountains full of pine trees.
19:00 - Return to hotel and get ready for dinner and masti till you fall asleep
30th March, Thursday
12:00 - Get up and take a jeep or bus to Chitkul. Chitkul is the most beautiful place in kinnaur valley. You will immediately notice the unspoilt nature, clear blue skies, cool breeze, bluish water of many streams flowing around.
14:00 - After lunch at our favorite homestay, we start our mission to explore the valleys nearby.
19:00 - Return to our homestay and have dinner. 31st March, Friday
06:00 - Today is final half day for exploring the irresistible valleys. We can go to army post located 4kms away or explore the meadows along the river.
13:00 - Reach the homestay, have lunch and packup
16:00 - Take the bus and bid adieu to Kinnaur valley.
1st April, Saturday
06:00 - Reach Chandigarh
07:40 - You can take 12058 Jan shatabdi Express which reaches New Delhi at 12PM
- Virtually all cost from Chandigarh to Chandigarh
- 6 days lunch, breakfast, dinner and refreshments
- Travel cost from Chandigarh onwards
- Accommodation cost
- Travel fare till Chandigarh
- Anything not mentioned above
Email – [masked]
Krishna –[masked] (Also available on WhatsApp) / Alternate number -[masked]
Before you call, please note
1. Read the event itinerary at least once
2. Minimum batch size is 6 and max 15. We don’t provide current booking info till the bookings are closed
3. All our trips are gender friendly and we had 30-50 percent female participants in all of our earlier trip. --- Send your advance money to following account:
Name - Krishna Kuya
Bank – IDBI, New Panvel
Account type: Savings
IFSC code – IBKL[masked]
Expectations from this trip:
- This is a backpack trip. We will travel in buses/shared jeep and stay in homestays or village hotels.
- Mostly, you will be getting vegetarian food. Sometimes non-veg can be provided.
- You will get basic facilities in room like beds, winter blankets, geyser etc.
- There can be sudden power cuts in these areas. Most of the mobile networks have good coverage in Sangla but only BSNL works in Chitkul.
- Light drizzle can occur any time of year. But not heavy rains.
- Our daily schedule during trip may differ from our usual daily life schedule with respect to day chores, tea timing, food timing etc. Please don’t complain about these petty issues.
- On most of the days we will try to wake up early and enjoy the serenity of morning.
- Since it is a backpack trip, you are expected to proactively involve in helping the team. Most of our decision will be based on group’s opinion but the decision of group leader will be final.
- Smoking and drinking is discouraged and restricted. Group leader will not be responsible for any mishaps arising due to smoking and drinking at high altitudes. During trekking, smoking and drinking is completely prohibited.
Things to be carried
- Identity card.
- Medical and consent form -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
- Jacket, sweater and other warm clothes like muffler, gloves etc. Temperature below zero can be expected
- Rechargeable torches
- Sport shoes or trekking shoes
- Two water bottles all time in your bags
- An umbrella. Light drizzle is expected.
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc. Please don’t expect to get medical stores everywhere
- Carry your luggage in a backpack. Avoid carrying sling bags. You should be able to walk long distances carrying your luggage. If possible carry a big plastic bag to cover your bag when you put it on bus-top.
Recommended but not compulsory:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc.
- One bedsheet/blanket
- Juice packets, dry fruits, Ready to eat food etc.