It is time for our next Meetup. msg will host for the first time.
• 2 talks (each ca. 40 min incl. discussion)
• Time for networking + food + drinks before, in between and after the presentations
• Talks are held in English
• We will be taking photos and/or film footage at the event. These will be used to share news about our meetups, and to publicize upcoming events.
• We will provide a list of registered usernames to the sponsor to check at the entry.
The line up:
Wolfgang Kreitmeier - Deep Learning meets Insurance use case: Microlevel reserving
Many insurance claims take several years to finish with payments. Estimating correct reserves is crucial. In this talk a new reserving method based on a deep learning approach will be presented. The approach is called micro-level reserving, because the reserves are estimated for each claim individually.
Wolfgang received his Diploma in Physics at the Ludwig-Maximilians University in Munich and did a PhD in Mathematics at the University of Passau. He is also a member of the German Actuarial Association (DAV). Since 2001 he is with msg, working in different areas related to mathematical modelling and machine learning.
Daniel Wirtz - Thinking BigData: Design and implementation of distributed algorithms in Spark
Let’s crush some candy! In this Talk a short introduction to the world of Hadoop and Spark is given along with illustrative examples. Focus is put on both design and implementation of distributed data processing algorithms to emphasize the way of thinking for Big Data applications.
Daniel received his Diploma in Computer Science and Math and his PhD in Math from the University of Stuttgart. He was PostDoc at the SIM Tech Cluster of Excellence at the University of Stuttgart. Since 2016 he is working at msg, mainly in Spark-Development and Optimization.