Important: Get your ticket here:
+++ VOICE MEETS IOT HACKATHON +++
Build Actions for Your Community
Welcome to the Voice meets IoT Hackathon for Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa.
Get ready for two days of fun and building cool stuff for Google Assistant & Amazon echo dot. Get insights from experts and start building actions & skills.
Never wrote a single line of code? Don't worry! You don't have to be a coding ninja! We'd like to invite every creative person and of course you'll get an intro how to get started.
* Our Mission *
In the era of voice-controlled devices like Amazon Echo and Google Assistent, we’re boldly going one step further. Merging voice and IoT/Smart Home – combining the two innovative technologies – to create exciting possibilities.
Johann Romefort - Technical Evangelist Stylight, Organizer of da.hoam
Liz Myers - TheAlexpert.io
Wolfram Rittmeyer (Google Developer Experts)
Alexey Vidanov - Voice User Interface Designer
April 13, Hackathon Day 1
19:00 - Kickoff
19:30 - Home-Smart-Home – Liz Myers, TheAlexpert.io
20:00 - IoT with the Google Assistant - Wolfram Rittmeyer, Google Developer Experts
20:30 - Create Amazon Alexa skills without code using Storyline – Alexey Vidanov, Voice UI Designer
21:00 – 22.00 - Team Building & Socializing
April 14, Hackathon Day 2
09:30 – 10.30 - Registration & Breakfast
10.30 – 11.30 - Workshop[masked] – 12.45 - Workshop[masked] – 13.30 - Lunch
13.30 – 20.00 - Hacking
20.00 – 22.00 - Code Freeze & Presentations
Alexa IOT Workshop with Liz Myers:
EASY IoT with Alexa and Me
Would you like to control your room, office, or home with your voice? Are there gadgets you wish you could make? Would you like to get started in “smart home” for under €20? Join Liz (and Alexa) Saturday, April 14th for a crash course in making “smart things” that you can control with your voice.
On Friday evening, Liz will demo several different types of IoT projects you can make for Alexa - then in the Saturday workshop we’ll do a deep dive into Arduino + Alexa “thing making”. In the workshop, you’ll learn the following:
1. How to setup your Arduino environment + discover lights, sensors, motors in your “kit”.
2. Learn how to connect Arduino projects to the internet (hint: ESP8266 module)
3. Prototype your first smart home project
4. Connect new devices to Alexa
5. Tips and tricks for commanding “things” w/Alexa
Please note: due to limited supplies participants are advised to bring anything they already have lying around the house. This may include: first generation Echo/Dot devices, Arduino kits, wire cutters/strippers, needle-nose pliers, glue gun, soldering iron, or anything else you typically use in light DIY projects.
* Our Ambition *
- Developing new, useful skills for leveraging the technologies of Amazon Echo and Google Assistent and applying them to IoT/Smart Home
- Bringing together innovative companies and talents
- Improving the collaboration between developers, designers and product manager
- Elevating the culture of hackathons with healthy food, friendly atmosphere and great networking
- Applying the technologies to advance social causes (for elderlies and disabled people) in addition to hackathon challenges from our Gold Sponsors
* Social Responsibility *
Adding to our Gold Sponsor Challenges, our plan is to introduce a social challenge category. By combining the voice assistance and IoT technologies, we aim to bring forth innovative ideas to help elderlies and disabled people. We’re working to partner with a non-profit organization to accomplish this goal.
* Who is this for? *
You don't have to be a coding ninja! Developers, Designers, Product Managers, Marketing Managers ... everyone is welcome!
* Prizes *
- Conference tickets & more