addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SOUTHWEST RIVERSIDE COUNTY Preppers Message Board › Angora Rabbit Stud Service?

Angora Rabbit Stud Service?

A former member
Post #: 833
I'd like to breed my female french angora rabbit to another angora ... either french or english is okay. My rabbit is grey and ideally I'd like other color kits so a stud rabbit that is tan, cream or white would be preferred. Pedigree not necessary. I use my rabbit for spinning wool, not for shows.
Debbie S.
user 11701018
Aguanga, CA
Post #: 160
See this is an older post, but w/o responses. You might want to contact Funky Spun in Idylwilde as they purchase fiber from various sources and should know who raises angora rabbits. I know the former owner who moved to Idaho and she raised angora rabbits so there has to be a local source.
Margie K.
user 60930302
Temecula, CA
Post #: 28
Just saw this on FB... I posted the pic on your FB. From http://www.petsave.or...­
A former member
Post #: 990
Well, no more need for stud service since the coyotes have gotten my rabbit. Now I need a new rabbit.
Debbie S.
user 11701018
Aguanga, CA
Post #: 170
That's really sad. So Sorry. If you are ever interested in Standard Rex which is a great for meat and fur (not fiber) we raise those. But, have to have a safe place where preditors can't get to them of course.

Margie K.
user 60930302
Temecula, CA
Post #: 52
Contact shelters. Many times they have rabbits...and you never know, they may have an angora...
Debbie S.
user 11701018
Aguanga, CA
Post #: 171
I would not recommend adopting an animal from a shelter for breeding purposes. You would not know the bloodlines and also shelters are not a place to adopt animals and then go and breed them. Normally adopters have to sign a contract that the animal is not bred.