addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Colorado independent Game Developers Association (CiGDA) Message Board Help Wanted/ Help Offered › Do you want/need a team member or an intern? (For Free)

Do you want/need a team member or an intern? (For Free)

Brittany Lynn H.
user 51459762
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Hi, I am Brittany Holmes; I need/desire an internship because I feel lonely, burnt out, and generally inexperienced in the field of game development after working with just myself for two or so years after moving to the Denver Metro.

Don't be mistaken, I am not the dreaded 'idea gal', I have been making games for myself, friends, and in one case a business, for seven years now. I have been programming in C# (which is near identical to Java) for 4 1/2 years, 3 of those years have been with Microsoft's XNA package (I have ported one of my early C# games to the Xbox 360 using the XNA tools).

I want to work for/with others in order to gain more experience with: working in a team setting, releasing projects onto a marketplace, and with meeting new people.

What do I have to offer you?

• A C# Programmer with XNA and Console experience
  • An intern who can preform errands for you or your team
  • A student who is ready to be taught what you know
  • Someone who enjoys doing research and writing
  • Energy and Enthusiasm only a young woman can give
  • Someone who is willing to do odd hours and has no commitments besides the odd doctors visit.
  • A girl who is willing to do odd jobs or fill up the empty spots
  • A Potential friendship

All I want from somebody else is a teacher, friendliness, and the joy of working on projects again.

Thank you for reading through this post, and I wish you a great fantastic day!
Marc W.
MarcWilhelm
Amsterdam, NL
Post #: 16
Wow, you could definitely be an asset to a team. Do you have a link to a resume or portfolio?

You should also post this to the Colorado Game Developers group on Facebook! There's a decent amount of members there. (Don't be surprised if you hear crickets when you post though, developers are busy people.)

https://www.facebook....­

Good luck!

-Marc
Brittany Lynn H.
user 51459762
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
My simple resume, most of my time has been spent working alone which is why I REALLY need an internship to lengthen it and to gain more knowledge.

I would like to post some screenshots, but my art is well... programmer art. I do have a short showcase of code from a project called "And so the cow jumped over the moon", it was a simple bounce on things throughout the sky to try to reach the cow's true love, luna. I use it as my showcase because it is a simple enough project to where it can be easily read, but have enough length to provide a showing of how I code.