addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Marc W.
MarcWilhelm
Amsterdam, NL
Indie Gamers,

June was a great month for CiGDA­ and general game development in Colorado. As you probably know, on June 6th the Indie Game: The Movie event SOLD OUT! It was a great event and it was awesome seeing such interest in indie games in Colorado.

Comic Con was a couple of weekends ago and the IGDA put together a fine panel of speakers of which I was honored to be one.

There is a ton of amazing things happening in indie games. A few of you have games to announce and we need to get together and catch up! If anyone has work to show that they haven't shown in the past few months, let me know!* Here are some topic ideas, let me know* what you are most interested in focusing on.

• A survey of game tools to get started (Game Maker, Stencyl, Corona, Unity, etc.)
  • Monetization models: the pros & cons of "Flat Purchase", "In Game Purchasing", "Free to play", etc.
  • Indie Game Marketing: Exploration of an oxymoron

I'd love for some of YOU to participate and volunteer to be presenters. If you are qualified or knowledgable in any of the topics above (Corona, or F2P monetization) or are willing to do some serious research to put together a good 15 minute presentation, please let me know*.

The next meetup will have a lot of new faces and maybe some surprizes (sic)!

-Marc

*e-mail me or post here

p.s. Retro game fans and fans of great games in general will want to check out DreamQuest Games' Kickstarter for Alpha Colony a tribute to M.U.L.E.