FW: Bike Month Activities
Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:57 PM
Bike Month (May) is almost here and we'd love to have your help spreading the word on a couple of key events/activities.
- Bike Month Events: Walk Bike Nashville is organizing an bike event calendar for the month. If you're hosting any rides or bike events in May make sure you create an account and list them on the city wide calendar. It's a great way to get new riders for your events and to also show Nashville how active the cycling community is.
- National Bike Challenge: Walk Bike Nashville is the local chapter for the National Bike Challenge (May-September) and we'd love to see how many miles Nashville can log and where we stack up against the other cities in Tennessee (we also really need to make sure we beat Memphis and Knoxville!) It's free to sign up so make sure you and everyone you know logs their miles.
- Bike to Work Day: National Bike to work day is May 16. We'll be organizing rides around town to converge on Public Square at 7:45am. Mayor Dean will be speaking and we'll have coffee and breakfast for all riders. We also really need ride leaders! If you live along any of the routes and would like to help lead groups into town please email Liz ([address removed])
- Tour de Nash: The tenth annual Tour de Nash is May 17. It's going to be a blast and all proceeds go towards supporting Walk Bike Nashville's work.
- TN Bike Summit: May 14-16 in Nashville. People from across the state and country will be coming to Nashville to discuss making Tennessee more bike-friendly. Register today! And if you're interested in volunteering and seeing some of the workshops for free, let Nora Kern ([address removed]) know ASAP! Volunteers get free entry, but space is limited.
- The Big Payback! If you like the work that Walk Bike Nashville does around town and want to help support us, help us out on the Big Payback, a community-wide, online giving day hosted by The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee on May 6. This charitable giving day will help our organization raise much-needed unrestricted dollars and celebrate the good work of all Middle Tennessee nonprofits.
Let us know if you have any questions! We hope to see you at some (or all) of the events!
Since 1998, Walk/Bike Nashville has sought to make active transportation an option for Nashvillians, no matter where they live or where they're trying to go.We want our sidewalks and bikeways to support active living, commuting options, and recreational opportunities.Together, we're building a more walkable, bikeable, livable Nashville.