Join us for a wonderful evening reception filled with celebration, recognition and education in honor of the 30th Anniversary of the NC Wilderness Act--in support of the North Carolina Chapter of the Sierra Club! We will come together to share how each of us enjoy, explore and protect the beautiful wild spaces that North Carolina has to offer.
Guest $25 ~ Couple $40 ~ Supporter $100 ~ Friend $250 ~ Champion $500
Food and adult beverages generously provided by Empire Eats Catering, the Wine Feed, and Big Boss Brewing.
Purchase your tickets here! (http://www.eventbrite.com/e/nc-wilderness-act-30th-anniversary-celebration-tickets-11371924733)
Event Program includes:
• Honoring Our Past: History of the North Carolina Wilderness Act of 1984 - Dr. Robbie Cox - Past NC Chapter Chair and Former Sierra Club President
• A Look At Our Current Wilderness Work: Dan Chu - Senior Campaign Director, Our Wild America
• An Eye on the Future: Inner City Outings in North Carolina: Amanda Damweber - Triangle ICO Chair
Event proceeds will directly support North Carolina Sierra Club programs, including Inner City Outings and our Local Outings Programs.
Contributions and gifts to the North Carolina Sierra Club are not tax-deductible as they support our effective, citizen-based advocacy and lobbying efforts.
Can't make it but would like to donate to the cause? Donate here! (https://secure.sierraclub.org/site/Donation2?df_id=10940&10940.donation=form1&JServSessionIdr004=9kkjw1jcv2.app224a)
Learn more about the Wilderness Act (http://www.ourwildnc.org/history/)
About the Sierra Club
Since 1892, the Sierra Club has been working to protect communities, wild places, and the planet itself. We are the oldest, largest, and most influential grassroots environmental organization in the United States.
1. Explore, enjoy and protect the wild places of the earth, starting right here in North Carolina.
2. Practice and promote the responsible use of the earth's ecosystems and resources.
3. Educate and enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the natural and human environment.
4. Use all lawful means to carry out these objectives.
The Club is America's oldest, largest, and most influential grassroots environmental organization. Inspired by nature, we are 1.3 million of your friends and neighbors, working together to protect our communities and the planet.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE 12TH!