We are still looking for a group for January 4, 2014 but we are also planning a March trip. If you are interested just respond and we'll email when & where the planning with be. Join a group of fellow hikers for a fun trip to Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico is a United States territory. NO Passport required – NO money to exchange. NO high international phone bills or credit card fees. Our trips allow you enjoy the benefits of both group travel and solo excursions. Spend some time with the group and take a day to explore on your own. Car rentals are close by and very reasonable. The roads and highways are easy to navigate and there are great places to see just a short drive from your hotel.
When: Friday, January 3, 2014 to Thursday, January 9, 2014. All Breakfasts are Included plus many other Special Amenities for Hikers. Details at - www.enchantedislandtravels.com (http://www.enchantedislandtravels.com/)
Hike: Hikes are planned to Nearby Attractions for Sunrise & Photography at 6:30AM (3-4 Miles); Late Afternoon/Evening Hikes (3-4 miles). Average Daily Temperatures are 82F Degrees.
Hotel: Embassy Suites Hotel & Casino - San Juan is an all-suites hotel in Puerto Rico conveniently located in the heart of Isla Verde’s Tourist Sector offers immediate access to the airport, to major expressways and attractions. We offer a spacious, two room suite, totally equipped with “Suite Dreams Beds”. Other features include coffee maker, microwave oven, refrigerator, wet bar. http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/puerto-rico/embassy-suites-san-juan-hotel-and-casino-SJUESES/index.html (http://www.roomstays.com/hotel/192287)
· Daily full cooked to order breakfast buffet every morning – 6 Mornings
· Daily evening reception every day from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Two free drinks.
· Complimentary High Speed Internet; Unlimited local calls
· Beach services with chairs, umbrellas and towels, pool toys & games
· One $10 Oasis Casino match bet coupon per stay
Price: includes transfers, transportation, hotel rooms, local taxes, some meals and three tours: 7 days – 6 nights- - $1395 US per person/double occupancy – Minimum of 10 rooms for all six nights. A $250.00 deposit is required to hold a spot with the balance due by 12/02/13.
1. All accommodations based on double occupancy. A single rooms supplement can be arranged. Solo travelers can be paired with other solo travelers.
2. All transportation is provided by an professional approved Destination Management Company (DMC) registered with the government of Puerto Rico.
Travel Fee does not include: 1. Air travel or meals except where listed. AirTravel is between $500 and $675 PP – Please try to arrive by 7PM on Friday (1/3/14) for two free drinks/dinner – during daily evening reception(s) – arrangements can be made for different arrival/departure dates. We must book (10) Ten rooms by 12/02/13 for these prices. Once we have 10 rooms booked we can offer a third person staying in the same room for 20% discount per person.
· Full Cooked to Order Breakfast Buffet Every Morning,
· 2 Dinners – Welcome Dinner (1st Night) & Puerto Rican Cuisine (2nd Night) - see day 2 on the web site.
· Trip to PARADISE on Culebra's – Flamenco Beach. Located about nineteen miles east of Puerto Rico and eight miles north of Vieques, Culebra is the smallest of the inhabited Spanish Virgin Islands. This premium adventure begins when we depart from Puerto Del Rey Marina aboard the Island Flyer, a turbo speed Catamaran that in only 45 minutes arrives the magnificent Coral Reef of the near by Culebra and Culebrita Island. Enjoy full open bar, snacks, Piña Coladas, Rum Punch and more. Get ready for some real snorkeling while our certified instructors guide you to an unforgettable experience. After almost 2 hours of snorkeling we will depart to Flamenco Beach. The third most spectacular beach in the world. There you will enjoy an on board Lunch Buffet See day 5 on the web site.
· Trip to Caribbean National Rain Forest, known as El Yunque (http://places.eyetour.com/whatToSee/rio-grande/5/el-yunque-national-forest), is the only tropical forest in the United States National Forest System (http://www.fs.usda.gov/elyunque/). Its rugged land climbs from almost sea level to about 3,500 feet above sea level and is doused with up to 200 inches of rain every year. Nowhere in the world will your eyes observe a greater wealth of beauty than what is waiting for you in the rain forest. According to ancient Indian legend, the good spirit "Yuquiyu" reigned on his mighty mountain top throne, protecting Puerto Rico and its people. Many of the sights you will see today are the same as those that dazzled the first Spanish Explorers more than 500 years ago. Lunch in the rain forest is included. See day 6 on the web site.
· Tour Guides for: Old San Juan - Bacardi Rum Distillery - see day 2 on the web site.
· Learn to make Mojito (2) and Mofango by local Chef
· Two free drinks per night at evening reception from 5:30-7:30
· All Transportation to/from airport, and to specified special events.
Contact: Fred Wright, Fellow Hiker for 2+ Years –[masked] www.enchantedislandtravels.com (http://www.enchantedislandtravels.com/)
Pre-Meeting: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 500 East Royalton Rd. (Rt 82), Broadview Hts., OH, Broadview Hts., OH