addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

.NET Developers Association - Westside Message Board › Renaming group/changing direction

Renaming group/changing direction

Cody H.
user 14280041
Seattle, WA
Hi everyone!

I've been pondering this for some time... It seems as though this happens to be the biggest .NET usergroup in Seattle (apart from the Mobile one), so I would like to propose we change from being focused specifically on startups to being a general .NET usergroup for Seattle proper.

I'm sending this message out to get opinions of the members.  Here's what I see as some of the benefits and problems:

Benefits:

Possible wider group interest

Clearer messaging

Easier to get speakers, as they don't have to be focused on startups

Problems:

Reduces the niche-ness of the group

Changes a lot of URLs and branding will need to be changed

Please send any feedback you have - I'll make a decision in the month next based on the feedback.  I'll also be making a thread in the forum if you'd rather post there.

Thanks!

Cody