The North Florida Natural Fiber Society encourages the use of natural fibers (wool, silk, cotton, etc.) in knitting, crocheting, spinning, and weaving for practical and artistic purposes. The group is open to all skill levels from the newest beginners to advanced multi-crafters. Come for a visit and a chance to try new things.
Please Note: We only use Meetup to let people find out about the group. We are limited in the number of members we can have without paying a higher Meetup account fee, so after you've attended a few times (and know how to find us) we may delete you from the Meetup group.
• All fiber arts are welcome. Knitting, crochet, spinning, cross stitch, macrame - if it uses fiber, it's welcome here.
• All levels of crafting ability are welcome.
• Most members are glad to answer questions / help with crafting problems, but please be mindful of others' time so they can socialize as well.
• The locations where we hold our meetups graciously let us use their space for free. We strongly suggest that members support these locations by making a purchase when they visit the meetup.
• Treat other members with kindness and respect.
• We are a diverse group who come together to share our love of fiber arts - please do not discuss, post comments on the group's online forums, or forward links that refer to politics, causes or religion. This is a craft group - there are other groups on Meetup.com that deal with those topics.
• From time to time, we may participate in charity crafting projects. These are voluntary, and will be approved at the discretion of the group moderators.
• Fiber related field trips are organized occasionally. These are usually done on a pay-your-own-way basis, with voluntary carpooling to the location. RSVPs are strongly requested as we like to warn whichever yarn shop, etc. we've visiting of the influx of people.
Regulars of the group use a Facebook Messenger thread to coordinate when people will show up, who can't make it, etc. This is not for general chat (there's a seperate one for that). Also, please do not post to this thread between 9:00PM and 9:00AM. The light sleepers of the group thank you!