addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NJ Acoustic Music in the Park Message Board › setlist for 6/3/2010

setlist for 6/3/2010

bob c.
Bobcole
Hillsborough, NJ
Post #: 24
Hi,All! I'd like to request a rerun of "Let It Be Me", also "Forever Summer" (hope we don't mangle it, Joe), and also a rerun of "Jambalaya", which I think can get to be a very happy-go-lucky project for a large group. Hope everyone's working on I'm Yours!
Joe H.
user 10401699
Bridgewater, NJ
Post #: 18
I expect to be there by about 9:00. Looking forward to hearing Forever Summer with more than just my own voice.
And add Sunny Afternoon to the setlist for me.
bob c.
Bobcole
Hillsborough, NJ
Post #: 25
I expect to be there by about 9:00. Looking forward to hearing Forever Summer with more than just my own voice.
And add Sunny Afternoon to the setlist for me.
Hey, Joe; is that ALL you on those tracks? How many tracks did you record? I'm impressed!To everybody else-you should really track down Joe's songs on Grooveshark I wanna do "Susie Call", too!l
Joe H.
user 10401699
Bridgewater, NJ
Post #: 19
Per Bob Cole's request, I've posted Susie Call. I'll bring copies tomorrow night.

All the instrumental parts on the recordings were done using a Casio WK-3200 keyboard. For most of the songs, I just had to find an accompaniment style that worked and the play the chords on the keyboard. I added the instrumental solos (e.g. the "steel guitar" solo and riffs on "Susie Call"). The keyboard has the capability to record several instrumental tracks plus the accompaniment track. I then transferred the MIDI data to my computer and did some editing to correct mistakes, add verses, etc. In a couple cases, I removed the bass line from the built in accompaniment and substituted my own (recorded on the keyboard).

All of the vocals are me (except for "are we there yet?" at the end of "Forever Summer" -- that's my son Tim -- his voice is a lot deeper now). Usually I did three or four vocal tracks, including double-tracking the lead vocals on some songs. Did some editing tricks here too --- e.g. the overlapping vocals on the fadeout of "Susie" is just one set of tracks, repeated three times.
FiL
FiLw
Franklin Park, NJ
Post #: 34
My choices for this week:

I Shall Be Released
Wagon Wheel
Games People Play

- FiL