addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Netherlands Adventurers Meetup Message Board › Kinderdijk by Bike

Kinderdijk by Bike

Mark
user 17672361
Gouda, NL
Post #: 2
Here's a little map with the places where you can get on and off. -> http://www.dewaterbus...­

If you would like a nice ride you could get on at Rotterdam (near the Erasmusbrug) and get off at de Stormpolder in Krimpen a/d Ijssel.
From there take the dike to Krimpen a/d Lek (on the map: lekdijk-molendijk-dorpstraat) where you take the car-ferry (just a few minutes and cheap) to Kinderdijk crossing the river. That's always a nice way to arrive in Kinderdijk.

Cycling the few km's to the mills you can afterwards cycle down the 'boezem' the long blue line on the map. Then either cycle a bit alongside the Alblas or get through the dike near Alblasserdam.

For your return trip either take the fastferry back from Papendrecht or get to the southern Papendrecht stop and cross the river. You then find yourself in the old center of the lovely city of Dordrecht. Which has a big train station as well. Shouldn't be more then 40km for the entire trip and you will get the best out of it.

Enjoy!

Adriana
user 6884291
Den Haag, NL
Post #: 10
Sounds FAAAAAANTAAAASTIC!

Would you join us if I post this as an event? I am planning to do this on July 9th.

Cheers.
Adriana.

Mark
user 17672361
Gouda, NL
Post #: 3
Not 100% sure yet but if I can fit it in I will.
Adriana
user 6884291
Den Haag, NL
Post #: 11
Dear All

I will post this event as soon as I detect a beautiful weekend, I will post this in a very very short notice, so please be alert and let's hope the beautiful days of may come back...!

Adriana.