On October 15th, NLHTML5 will be at Backbase (http://www.backbase.com/)in Amsterdam!
Information on how to get there (http://downloads.backbase.com/DIRECTIONS-backbase-INIT.pdf)
Front-end Architecture for large scale systems - Gabriel Zigolis
Weird Browsers - Niels Leenheer
Now that everybody builds responsive sites and mobile has become the new normal, are there still any weird browsers left? The latest generation of Smart TV's run on the same operating systems as our mobile devices. How weird can these browsers be? Perhaps Smart TV's aren't as smart as we all would like to think. But there are more weird browsers. How do game console handle your websites and are e-readers really capable of browsing the web? Niels will try to give an overview of all the problems you are going to face when you want to make your site work on these weird browsers.
Niels is a developer working on web applications for Salonhub (https://salonhub.nl/) and is a self-professed browser geek. He is the creator of HTML5test.com (http://html5test.com/), which is used more than a million times yearly to test how well browsers support web standards, and he runs the one of the largest Open Device Labs (http://opendevicelab.com/#!odl=1138) in Europe with almost 200 different and sometimes weird devices.
• 18:00 Doors open, with pizza's and drinks!
• 19:00 Introduction
• 19:15 Gabriel Zigolis
• 20:00 Break
• 20:30 Niels Leenheer
• 21:15 Drinks and snacks
• 22:30 Room cleared
• Smile! We are recording and photographing this event.
• All talks will recorded so you can watch the recordings of all of our events at http://bit.ly/nlhtml5videos from the comfort of your home.
• If you'd like to sponsor this or any future NLHTML5 event, contact Paul Verbeek on Twitter (@_paulverbeek (http://twitter.com/_paulverbeek))
• Note that by attending any of our events, you are agreeing to our code of conduct: confcodeofconduct.com (http://confcodeofconduct.com/)