On November 17th, we will be hosting our ninth meetup of 2016, and this time it's all about Progressive Web Apps at our sponsor Coolblue! We have 3 amazing speakers: Flaki, Frank Broersen and Christiaan Laarman!
• 18:00 Doors open, with food and drinks
• 19:00 Introduction
• 19:15 Christiaan Laarman (@chrislaarman (https://twitter.com/chrislaarman))
• 19:50 Frank Broersen (Google)
• 20:25 István Szmozsánszky (AKA Flaki) (@slsoftworks (https://twitter.com/slsoftworks))
• 20:55 Tour through the Coolblue office
• 21:15 Drinks
• 22:00 Room cleared
Are we there yet? - Christiaan Laarman
The road to using Progressive Web Apps is a long one. Let me take you on a little journey to show you, how we at Coolblue, prevent this road trip from becoming a bad trip.
Chris is a retro game collecting, GIF loving, Front-end developer at Coolblue with an unrelenting passion for web development. Always on the lookout for new ways to improve code and processes.
Creating your first PWA, it's easy! - Frank Broersen
So you want to create a new Progressive Web App, but you don’t know where to start? In this 30 minute talk I will walk you through how I hacked my first PWA together in less than 1 working day.
As a Solution Engineer in Google I help grow our largest clients in the Benelux & Nordics market by building Custom Software within Google infrastructure. In my time before joining Google I have been working as a full-stack developer in a web development agency.
The Web Platform Strikes Back - István Szmozsánszky (AKA Flaki)
This is a birds-eye-view look at the state of the mobile web in the context of the reigning platforms and newcomers like PWA & React (Native) trying to change the status quo.
• Smile! We are recording and photographing this event.
• Most talks will recorded so you can watch the recordings of all of our events at http://bit.ly/nlhtml5videos from the comfort of your home.
• If you'd like to sponsor this or any future NLHTML5 event, contact Paul Verbeek on Twitter (@_paulverbeek (http://twitter.com/_paulverbeek))
• Note that by attending any of our events, you are agreeing to our code of conduct: confcodeofconduct.com (http://confcodeofconduct.com/)