WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
Anyone who makes or alters clothing, costumes or armor - or wants to!
The jigs may look like one size, but they have a WIDE range of flexibility in terms of adult size and body types - yes, even masculine body types!
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CRAFTING LIFE!
- Quit bending awkwardly over that table! Fit and finish on a dressform and stand tall!
- Is your body flat? Then you better not make your clothing on a flat surface!
- Your H&M wardrobe will look expensive if it fits you just right!
- Monetize your hobby by using these flexible-fit tools to create for customers of all sizes!
- Think about how much cooler you will look on Instagram working on a DRESSFORM!
- If you’re tired of poor fit and/or stabbing yourself with straight pins in the mirror, this class is for you.
WHAT WILL THIS CLASS COVER?
Learn to take measurements and reproduce your human-body double for all your fashion, alteration, and cosplay needs.
Using one of Novalabs’ two brand-new dressforms (Dotty and Francesca) and a wide array of padding options, we can come close to almost every size and shape needed so that you can get the PERFECT fit!
In this short and practical class we will:
Learn about good measurement practices
Take each other’s measurements (it’s hard to do alone!)
Learn to manipulate and care for the dressforms
Learn ways to create your perfect shape and fit
Learn various applications for the dressform at all points in your workflow
With time remaining we’ll have Q&A and, if you bring a pattern or work in progress, we can troubleshoot it together!
If you’d like to bring your project as an example for the end of class, please Slack me in advance so we can be sure to allow time.