addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NOVA Makers Message Board NOVA Makers Discussion Forum › TIG WELDER AND FABRICATION WORK

TIG WELDER AND FABRICATION WORK

Mike J
user 8530471
Manassas, VA
Post #: 27
I'm sick of not being able to do bigger projects, so I just bought a TIG welder.
Al, stainless, regular steel is all possible with this welder. I have a big shop half way between Manassas and Woodbridge (35 by 25 by 20 feet tall) with 14 foot roll up door.
Anybody that has stuff they need welded or that knows what they are doing and wants to help me weld up some aluminum tube for my expedition vehicle roof rack project just e-mail me anytime or respond to this post.

I have several projects going right now. Trailer rebuild and Expedition vehicle build. These projects involve aluminum and steel fabrication, fiberglass work, fabric work, hardwood paneling, etc.
Anybody else have stuff they want to work on just let me know. I will help you with your stuff, you can help me with mine. I generally do this as a hobby on weekends.
I plan on having an intro to TIG welding class also for anyone interested when I somewhat know what I am doing.

Next on list is a plasma cutter. If you have one, bring it over.
Mike
Lee C.
user 73591012
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Mike,
Good deal. I've been wanting to do some welding and fabricate a few things. Any good sources of material in NOVA?

Lee. N4TCW
Mike J
user 8530471
Manassas, VA
Post #: 30
GREAT IDEA Lee: Materials Run/Delivery to my location.

Anybody need Aluminum, steel, sainless steel, sheet, tube, whatever let me know?
I am having an order delivered in about a couple of weeks of Aluminum tube, sheet, etc. by tractor trailer. If anyone wants to add to my order let me know, and I will include in my order and we will all save on cost and delivery by combining with my order
In the future, I will also have scrap aluminum tube and sheet from my projects if anyone needs that stuff for their projects.

Mike
Lee C.
user 73591012
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
Where from?