Drawing in front of groups can be one of the biggest mental blocks to graphic recording and graphic facilitation. But you don't need years of practice or natural talent to develop a visual vocabulary to draw from. Expand your mental gallery of go-to images to represent even the most abstract concepts!
• Building your unique visual vocabulary to represent abstract concepts
• Figure drawing techniques from the best in the business
• Chart layouts for text and drawings
• Resources for building visual libraries (bring your favorites!)
• How to draw ANYTHING from seed shapes
• Callouts, containers, connectors, and special effects
As a group, we'll practice:
• Sharing YOUR favorite pictographs
• A graphic jam to crowd source concepts YOU want to learn
• Scribing a live group discussion between participants on drawing limits
• YOUR favorite tips and tricks for drawing big!
YOU'LL ALSO RECEIVE: a journal of 300 drawing prompts, yours to keep (and hopefully fill with your visual vocabulary!)
We'll work both large on the wall and small in your journals, so bring your favorite drawing tools. Paper and community markers will be provided. Neuland markers will be available for sale.
We are limited to 10 spaces, so register quick!
Please note: This is NOT about color and lettering (if you want that, talk to Heather Martinez!)