Needs a location
Taking a lettering journey starts with one letter and ends with ALL the tools needed to letter your own path.
In this full-day workshop, we will:
- start with some basic marker-handling techniques,
- practice advance marker manipulation skills,
- explore new lettering styles to find your personal style, and
- integrate our learnings using hierarchy.
We will start with a quick review of the anatomy of the marker nibs and letters then quickly dive into the book to cover the lettering styles that you can use immediately in your paying live or studio work.
Bring a sketchbook, water bottle, and all the lettering questions you have always wanted to be answered.
We will take a lunch break. Feel free to bring your own or venture out to buy lunch nearby.
Walk away with the skills, tools, and confidence to take a lettering journey you never knew existed.
As a participant, you will receive:
- Free admission to the "Lettering Journey Book & Happy Hour Event" on Friday
- A copy of the book, "Lettering Journey" ($19.95)
- Access to "Lettering Journey Express," the online course ($45 value)
- A 1:1 virtual lettering session with me ($125 value)
- Support from me and others in the workshops
- Other fun swag if you can still take it! ;)
You will also receive the NEW Neuland Handlettering Kit (https://us.neuland.com/learning-tools/learning-kits/handlettering-kit.html $34.40 value) which includes:
- Handlettering Learning Pad to go
- Handlettering booklet
- FatOne 30mm, empty
- Refill Ink RefillOne, 500 brilliant yellow
- Neuland BigOne®, wedge nib 6-12 mm, 200 orange
- Neuland No.One® type, brush nib 0,5-7 mm, 101 gray
- Neuland No.One®, wedge tip 2-6 mm, 300 blue
- Neuland FineOne® Outliner, round nib 1 mm
- Neuland No.One® Outliner, round nib 2-3 mm
Please join us in this exciting, new workshop that is the first of its kind, designed around the new book, "Lettering Journey."
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Heather Leavitt Martinez is a visual practitioner, art coach and lettering artist living in Southwest Colorado. After studying with master sign painters, graffiti artists, and calligraphers—which she continues to do today—she decided to translate what she learned to teach other visual practitioners the tradecraft of breaking down any lettering styles into the tools we use. Heather believes that what we write on the wall is more than mere handwriting—letters are the building blocks of communication. Get that right while executing with confidence, and visual practitioners can then focus on other aspects of the work.
As a co-founder of the Visioneering team near Washington, DC, Heather helped develop and maintain a 6-person team of visual practitioners in 2014. Heather has presented hands-on lettering breakout sessions at two IFVP (International Forum of Visual Practitioners) conferences and at EuViz Denmark. Heather is one of the Keynote speakers at VizConf in Melbourne, Australia this October. She is a Neuland Ambassador.
Heather’s recent book, “Lettering Journey” was inspired by the North American cross-country trip she and her husband Ray took after leaving DC. She finds letters and teaches others how to make them everywhere she goes.
You can learn more about lettering at www.LetsLetterTogether.com and connect with Heather online:
* Instagram https://www.instagram.com/corpgraffitiart
* Twitter https://www.twitter.com/corpgraffitiart
* Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CorporateGraffitiArtist
L'Enfant Metro - Maryland & 7th St Exit
Street Parking Available
Garage Parking Available - Entrance is on 6th & C St SW
The Cobec office is in the east tower of the building (towards 6th St). Use the elevators by the Wells Fargo.
Note - Refunds will only be issued if the workshop is canceled. Contact Rachel Thompson with questions about registration. Contact Heather with questions about the content of the workshop.