Parenting after forty has a unique set of challenges. It can be hard finding common ground with other parents, and enjoying playdates because of the "generation gap." We're focused on kids and parents making connections and having fun! So . . whether you're married, divorced, a single, a couple or anything in between, if you're a "mature" Mom or Dad with a younger kid who wants to meet other families like you . . . check us out!
*PLEASE READ BELOW PRIOR TO JOINING*
• Active membership is required. Active is defined as: RSVPing to, and attending events on a regular basis, responding to group polls, or other organizer communications. Free trial period of 90 days begins once your join request is accepted. You are required to attend at least 1 meetup event within those first 90 days. Dues must be submitted at that time. Non-participation/nonpayment of dues will lead to automatic removal from the group. Meetup "tourists" and compulsive joiners are discouraged : )
• Target kid ages between 5 -10 years Older/younger siblings welcome as well. Over 90% of our activities are kid-centric; trips to the park, family dinners, bounce houses, kid-friendly hikes, splash pads, etc.
• Our main goal is to form friendships--not to produce weekend entertainment. Most activities will be lower-key, with a focus on opportunities for kids and parents to interact. If you're looking for high-energy, high-maintenance amusement, best to look elsewhere.
• Unless expressly stated, all meetups will be whole-family friendly-the more the merrier!
• Your profile picture must be a recognizable photo of you to join. No exceptions-sorry.
•Get-togethers will be in or near Fairfax County, mostly weekends.