Agriwebb is a Sydney-based startup that builds farm management software for the livestock industry. With a commitment to farmer-first design principles and best practices of new venture development, they have raised over $8M and won multiple iAwards. Come along to learn about:
• How to get a job at an agtech startup
• The competitive landscape of farm management software, and how Agriwebb is differentiating their Notebook
• The pros and cons of accelerators, and why Agriwebb joined Muru-D
• How Agriwebb is thinking about "going global"
...and more! Kevin Baum has a degree from Stanford University in Human Biology, as well as a Masters in Environmental Science and an MBA from Oxford University. Kevin has worked around the world as a teacher, scientist, and entrepreneur. Learn more about Agriwebb's farm and livestock management software here: http://www.agriwebb.com/
At this Meetup, we also have a group of young entrepreneurs from Argentina coming along! It will be a great opportunity to share some cross-border lessons on agriculture and AgTech. Here's a bit more info on the group:
UNAJE (Argentine Union of Young Entrepreneurs), is a trade association that gathers and represents young entrepreneurs from 18 to 40 years old across the entire country. It is a meeting point where these entrepreneurs can discuss, exchange ideas and assume an active role in the country's reality.
Our organization aims to make the entrepreneurs grow and with them their businesses. Among the activities in which UNAJE works actively, you will find the internationalization of business. From our organization we try to provide all our members the chance to deal with other countries, no matter how sophisticated or how big the company is.
• 6:00pm - 6:45pm: Drinks & networking
• 6:45pm - 7:30pm: Q&A with Kevin Baum
• 7:30pm - 7:45pm: Open questions from the audience
• 7:45pm - 8:30pm: Drinks & networking
There's a limited number of spots, so please RSVP if you're coming (or un-RSVP if you're not!)