A 14+ Mile loop with 3,500K Ft of elevation gain offering excellent views and plenty of leg muscles stretching opportunities by looping Pine Hill Gap-Hanna Run- Pinnacles Overlook-Broad Hollow Trails (and few others between) into a wonderful hike.
Centreville Park & Ride Lot at 07:30
Hike starts on RT 681 at Broad Hollow Trail Head & parking.
1. Will head up RT 681 (.4m) to old forest Rd. and hike .6m to Pine Hill Trail on Right.
2. Continue up Pine Hill views of old Rag on left as you climb for 2.1m to intersection with Hot-Short Mountain TR.
3. Make a left on Hot-Short MTN TR and descend to Nicholson Hollow TR for another 2.1mi. Notice the old home steads as you approach Nicholson, hidden with foliage during summer.
4. Will make a quick right on Nicholson Hollow TR to Hanna Run TR -intersection in about .3mi (will regroup here for lost souls)
5. Making a right on Hanna Run TR climb 2.5m to the intersection with Catlett Spur (will stop at old home stead for coffee break)
6. Will make a quick left at intersection continuing on Hanna Run TR to Skyline Dr. 1.3mi. Pinnacles Overlook and lunch.
7. Will retrace our steps back down Hanna Run TR to Catlett Mountain TR 1.3mi.
8. At intersection will continue on Catlett Mountain TR to Hazel Mountain TR 1.2mi.
9. Quick left on Hazel Mountain TR to Sams Ridge TR - .3mi.
10. A right on Sams Ridge TR to Broad Hollow TR .2mi.
11. Straight onto Broad Hollow TR (Sams Ridge TR goes Left) to cars 2.4mi.
Water shoes might be useful we have 4 water crossings usually nothing to be concerned about unless we have had a rainy week leading up to the hike
2+ litters of water or your favorite beverage
Snacks, Lunch, food in general would be good, the restaurants have closed up.
Car pool Fee $6.00
Dogs permitted in accordance with the NVHC Dog Policy: https://tinyurl.com/nvhcdogpolicy
Directions to Trail Head
From Centreville Park and Ride:
I66 west to exit 43A (Route 29 south)
RT29 south towards Warrenton: 13.2mi.
Bear Right on RT211 Business around Warrenton 1.9mi
Turn Right continuing on RT211 towards SNP 27.3mi.
Left on RT522 into Sperryville to Left at stop sign.
RT522 south to RT231 Fort Valley Rd .6mi.
Right on RT231 to RT681 Rolling Rd. 3.3mi.
Right on RT681 Rolling Rd to Broad Hollow TR (on right). Road-side parking approx. 2.4mi.