addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NW Wilderness Message Board › Snowshoeing WITHOUT dogs?

Snowshoeing WITHOUT dogs?

Claire
user 8426860
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Preferably for beginners. Please??
Rick L. J.
user 10833570
Newberg, OR
Post #: 125
where and when would you like to go? I'm trying to come up with something thats fairly flat but off trail all the way.
Kathy
user 23537721
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 3
Not Trillium, it was wall to wall people today, but very easy hike. I am doing an easy one next Sunday Rick. I'll pass the info along next week if it is good for beginners. It is not a well used path.
Pete
user 13470026
Hillsboro, OR
Post #: 7
Would be up for a beginner on the weekend.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'd love to go on a beginner trip. Can't go the next 2 weekends, but I'd be up for this in the future!
Keith
user 8440718
Portland, OR
Post #: 8
I will have one on the calendar in February, the Twin Lakes loop -- an easy, mostly flat trail hike although the distance is kind of long (eight miles) if we do the whole loop.
Claire
user 8426860
Portland, OR
Post #: 3
Sorry for the belated response! Rick, I don't care where, but I'd prefer some where within a reasonable distance of Portland. This well be my first time snowshoeing, since I moved here last summer and my previous home in the VA/DC area did not have snowshoeing opportunities nearby, therefore I'm looking to do something easy and not too long. I'm free on Saturdays and Sundays (only exception being 1/19-1/20). I'll be checking back frequently because I already spent over $200 on snow gear which I haven't gotten a chance to use yet. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in the area who wants to go with me, and as a first timer I don't think I should go alone :/