addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

New York Angels Education Meetup Message Board › Announcing our new workshop - Strategic Planning for Early Stage Companies a

Announcing our new workshop - Strategic Planning for Early Stage Companies and the Fund Raising Process

Avi F.
avifogel
Group Organizer
New York, NY
We are happy to announce that on Fri., April 29th, 2011 we will be at it again with a wonderful workshop, led by Bob Rice of Tangent Capital and Phin Barnes of First Round Capital.

Based on your good responses to our poll­ for desired topics, we have combined the highest ranking request (funding) and the third (strategy) into one powerful workshop.

To register please go to registration­.

The core of the workshop will be strategic thinking and planning in the very promising, but risk prone, unpredictable, and highly uncertain early stage venture creation process.

What kind of business plan should I have?

Is the first mover advantage real? How do I grab it?

How should I balance product, team building, and distribution, vs. expense rates?

Internal vs. External strategy: How do I protect against competitors?

What are the big trends driving the current funding / competitive environment?

What practical lessons does game theory offer?

What do I do when "it's not working"?

How do I plan for and get to an exit? Is this an "Early Exit" opportunity?

When do I embark on my fund raising process, and who do I go to (VC's, angels, others)?

These and many more are typical strategic decision milestones for early venture creators.

A copy of Bob's book will be provided to paid attendees.

The workshop will include a thirty minute group exercise, in which we analyze the "strategy fork-in-the-road" of some of the startups among you, with a follow-on discussion.

In order to have your entreprenurial venture be one of those analyzed for stratgic planning or funding please send an indication of interest to Avi Fogel (fogel.avi@gmail.com­) by Mon. 3/28 EOB. As soon as we receive such an indication of interest, we will send you a questionnaire to fill in, based on which we will select the designated businesses / stratgic planning decisions / funding thrusts for review in the workshop.

PLEASE NOTE - Due to the security requirements of our venues full names are required in order to register for our workshops - please complete the full name in your meetup registration, in order to participate.

In this workshop the participation fee includes a copy of Bob's book. Books will be provided in the workshop to those who register up to 14 days before the event. All others will receive the book, after the workshop, by mail.