addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Apache Lucene/Solr Meetup Message Board › Signups for Lightning Talks now available!

Signups for Lightning Talks now available!

David F.
user 9456592
San Mateo, CA
Post #: 4
Lightning talks are a great chance for community members to get up and tell the crowd how they use the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika, etc.) and to spur networking opportunities after the talks.

Each speaker will be given 7 minutes to speak, including taking any questions from the audience, so come prepared.

A/V will be available, but setup time is on the clock, including internet!

Lightning talks will be on a first come, first serve basis handled by replying to this thread saying you are interested in giving a talk.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm interested in giving a lightning talk on Sunspot, which is a full-service, high-level Solr API for Ruby that I've put together. More info at http://outoftime.gith...­

Thanks!
Mat Brown
A former member
Post #: 2
I am interested in giving a lightning talk on FanFeedr.com, which is a real-time personalized sports aggregator. We are a Python shop with Solr. More information is available at http://www.fanfeedr.c...­

Kind regards, Ty
Ken G.
user 10014355
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 1
I'm interested in giving a lightning talk on linguistic considerations of search. I'll draw examples from our company's experience meeting the needs of multilingual search application developers. You can learn more at basistech.com.