addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

NYC Facebook Developers Group Message Board › any experience releasing new facebook apps?

any experience releasing new facebook apps?

A former member
Post #: 2
I am currently advising a small media company planning to develop and release a facebook application and am looking to speak to people who have successfully released working apps of their own. Would anyone on this group be willing to jump on a short call with me to discuss?

1) experience with Heroku. advantages/disadvantages. Major pitfalls.
2) choice of development language: PHP/Python/Node.js/Ruby
3) organic growth patterns. the app is meant to be social so using it requires referring "partners".
4) experience with other marketing / user acquisition strategies (this is greenfield for a new brand)
5) Typical environment setup (i.e. dev/qa/prod)? How do you implement a "limited beta"?

Please shoot me a message if you are amenable to talking this out.

Thanks,
-Kedar
Nadir
pal4life
Houston, TX
Post #: 11
Kedar,
Even I am looking to have more information regarding this. I will be glad to share what ever info I have. I work as a developer with DoSomething.org and working on a few apps for us. Feel free to send me message from here.

Thanks.
Michael007
user 2995319
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 3
Kedar and Nadir,

Sorry for late reply. My otherinbox was filtering my meetup email messages and missed this post.

Please call me (Mike) at 646-709-3731 and I would be happy to discuss with you in more detail how we set up our environment for our solutions.