PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE DESCRIPTION!!
It’s time for another Instagram Photowalk! This time, we’re heading back to The Cloisters!
Website: The Cloisters (http://www.metmuseum.org/visit/visit-the-cloisters)
Directions By Subway/Bus:
Take the A train to 190th Street and exit the station by elevator. Walk north along Margaret Corbin Drive for approximately ten minutes or transfer to the M4 bus and ride north one stop. If you are coming from the Museum's Main Building, you may also take the M4 bus directly from Madison Avenue/83rd Street to the last stop. (Please allow more time for this option.)
Please visit the website for driving directions and parking.
We will meet inside of the main entrance to The Cloisters.
The purpose of this fun event is to shoot photographs with your iPhone or Android and be creative with composition, angles and light. Granted that shooting photographs with your camera phone is not a good idea for an event like a wedding, but shooting at places like the Cloisters can give you good practice with limited settings.
INSTRUCTIONS, TIPS AND OTHER INFORMATION
* When you RSVP for this event, please indicate your Instagram ID, so that we can look for you on Instagram. Mine is @bossbug71.
* Instagram is only available for iPhones and Androids. If you have an iPhone or Android, and do not have an Instagram account, you can download the app & register for free!
* If you do not have either of these smartphones and would still like to join us, you can bring whatever camera phone you have or a point & shoot. NO DSLRs AND NO SLRs ALLOWED!!
* To conserve battery life, make sure your phone is fully charged and try not to use it until you arrive to the event. Also, when you are shooting photos, turn off your data service to conserve battery life. Don’t forget to turn it back on when the event is over.
* When you get home, you can edit your photos with your favorite app(s). Then upload your photos to Instagram.
* Since the original idea of having Instagram photowalks was from our Professor Brooklyn Born (http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Photographers/members/11168689/) (@bklynborn81), please honor and post in your caption these hashtags:
* To upload your Instagram photos to our photo album, instead of uploading them one at a time through the Meetup app, transfer your photos from your phone to your computer and use the Meetup website to upload them all at once.
* Recommended admission to the Cloisters is $25, but you can pay $1 if you want.
* There are restrooms available. There’s also a cafe that may be expensive. Bring money or eat before the event.
* Be on time! This event starts at 12pm sharp!! So give yourself plenty of time to travel. Check for service changes or delays. I will not wait for latecomers and I will not answer calls and messages after 12pm.
* Please be courteous and change your RSVP accordingly. If you RSVP “yes” and cannot or will not make it, please change it to “no”.
* Dress appropiately for the weather and wear comfortable shoes.
* Please visit the Cloister’s website (click on link above) for additional information.
I hope you will join me. If you have any questions, send me an email or a text message before the day of the event. Please make sure you identify yourself in your message so I know who you are.
~ Sally 347.878.NYCP
** Disclaimer: Participation in this event requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities and that the Organizers are in no way liable for any loss or injury as a result of your participation. In other words, you are attending these events at your own risk!! **