addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

"The NYC Political Forum" Message Board › RSVPs and "closed" events

RSVPs and "closed" events

thomas
user 15961611
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 6
Here some common FAQs about the waitlist and how the RSVPs are managed.

Q: I'm on the wait list, and there's more people on the waitlist than those attending with a "YES" confirmation. Please explain how this works.
A: Because most of our discussions are intended to be in a small, roundtable format, we limit the attendance to about a dozen attendees. Otherwise, it becomes noticeably difficult to have a coherent dialogue because not everyone will have a chance to participate in the discussions.

Q: Why are some of the future events "closed" for RSVPs?
A: The RSVP window usually opens about 7 to 10 days before the event. The RSVPs are managed this way so that everyone has a fair chance to grab a spot. Because this is a large group, we try to make it fair for everyone to attend our discussions, especially to the new members.

Q: I'm on the waitlist, but I really want to come. Can I just stop by for a little while?
A: Respectfully, no. We try to have an orderly system that makes it fair for everyone. It becomes highly disruptive for those who stop by without a confirmed "Yes" RSVP. Also, it's unfair for those who followed the rules and waited for their turn. Once in a while, a seat may open up due to last minute cancellations -- if so, please check with the organizers first to see if they can make an exception before just showing up unannounced.