SERIES LOGLINE: In 1963, a 16 year old Catholic boy dreams of becoming the famous Borscht Belt's King of Comedy; he pretends to be 18 and Jewish so that he may work his way to the hallowed stage of the Catskills' world-famous Hemlock Hotel. (Period Drama, Dramedy)
• Review the Script
• Talk about The Craft / The Business.
• Like NYC Screenwriters at Facebook.com/NYCScreenwriters (https://www.facebook.com/NYCScreenwriters?_rdr=p)
• Follow @Scriptfeed (https://www.twitter.com/scriptfeed) on Twitter
• Download the SCRIPT from our "FILES" section (http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Screenwriters-Collective/files/) the week before our meeting. Read it and come prepared to give your constructive commentary.
• Members who bring written reviews go first. :)
• If you sign up after the PASSWORD email blast (1 week before meeting) then email/message [masked].
• Please do not distribute passwords, scripts, or materials you obtain from RSVPing to Collective workshops.
Thanks and see you soon!
ABOUT THE SCREENWRITER: When she's not standing in front of Shetler's whiteboard with a marker in hand, you'll find her working full time for an Academy Award Winning actress in a position she's had for over a decade. She likes long walks on the beach and oxford commas. This script wasn't her idea: she was hired to write this pilot for a LA-based producer with intention to pitch this pilot to CBS. This is a first draft. Go easy.