SERIES LOGLINE: A mockumentary revealing the antics of a group of young Americans volunteering in West Africa, where their first world problems get a third world perspective. (1/2 Hour Comedy Pilot, Mockumentary, Workplace)
NOTE: This is a TV pilot script even though the meeting is on a Monday.
• Review the Script
• Talk about The Craft / The Business.
• Like NYC Screenwriters at Facebook.com/NYCScreenwriters (https://www.facebook.com/NYCScreenwriters?_rdr=p)
• Follow @Scriptfeed (https://www.twitter.com/scriptfeed) on Twitter
• Download the SCRIPT from our "FILES" section (http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Screenwriters-Collective/files/) the week before our meeting. Read it and come prepared to give your constructive commentary.
• Members who bring written reviews go first. :)
• If you sign up after the PASSWORD email blast (1 week before meeting) then email/message [masked].
• Please do not distribute passwords, scripts, or materials you obtain from RSVPing to Collective workshops.
Thanks and see you soon!
ABOUT THE SCREENWRITER: Ashley Gannon is a recent transplant to Brooklyn who's trying her hand at screenwriting after a stint in West Africa and Morocco as a Peace Corps volunteer and an English teacher. Through those experiences, she was inspired enough to write an anecdote of her life in the form of a singlecamera comedy. She's hoping to do as much as she can with this project, keep learning more about screenwriting and keep being inspired.