addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Screenwriters Collective Message Board › Congratulations to Zoe Mavroudi on her Script Sale!

Congratulations to Zoe Mavroudi on her Script Sale!

Closed to new replies

David N.
dnegrin
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 606

On behalf of the NYC Screenwriters Collective I'd like to congratulate our long time member and former staffer Zoe Mavroudi on her recent script sale. SAFEWORD, an award winning screenplay Zoe workshopped in the group, was recently optioned by independent film producer Miles Maker (Pariah, How Do You Write a Joe Schermann Song). Read more below...

"Producer Miles Maker Options The Rights For Award Winning Screenplay SAFEWORD"

We wish her the best and look forward to more great things from Zoe :)

--David
Laura K.
kelber
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 156
This is fantastic news for Zoe and for all of us. Congratulations, Zoe!
A former member
Post #: 70
This is extraordinary!
Anyone who is a screenwriter knows how almost impossible it is to sell your script. No matter for how much, the moment it happens, everything changes for you and bleeding on your keyboard finally pays off.

Amazing!
Dave B
user 13726638
Staten Island, NY
Post #: 41
Congrats. Great title and concept. Very nice read.

Keep us posted.
Mike
mdeluca9802
New York, NY
Post #: 25
Congratulations, Zoe. You continue to inspire the rest of us.
A former member
Post #: 9
Congrats on your sale!!!
Tawny F.
user 11515343
Montréal, QC
Post #: 31
Zoe,
Congratulations! I too am inspired by this, and especially the sound that it seems it will indeed get made, and by talented people.
Best,
Tawny
Mario C.
MarioC
Westport, CT
Post #: 77
Very well done, Zoe!
Zoe M
user 7353605
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hey, all!
I just saw this thread. Thank you so much for the good wishes. Fingers crossed Safeword will make it to the big screen. I will keep you posted on news!

Our group was the first and only place where the script was reviewed. I was lucky to find a group of exceptional, creative people in New York to share my work and grow as a writer. Hope to be back soon.

Good luck with all your projects, keep writing!

Zoe
Hans T.
user 87155502
New York, NY
Post #: 1
This is fabulous! Congrats to Zoe!!