I'm sorry I've been gone for so long. But now we're back and ready to jump into the New Year! I've missed you all so much! Many people have mentioned they would like a few more larger events. So here it is. What better way to get to know each other than while dining on dumplings and singing our little hearts out deep down in Chinatown.
FYI, I originally wanted to do this at Pure Food and Wine but was told that with a group our size, I'd have to rent the place out for 10,000 bucks, um... no bueno. So I figured we'd save Emily's suggestion for a later date.
Lets all have a cheap date and save a few bucks for karaoke and drinks afterward. Who's down? When it comes to larger groups, I find that the party doesn't really get started until the after show. So once we've filled out bellies, lets take a quick walk to one of the many karaoke bars in the area and sing some tunes. I haven't yet narrowed down which karaoke joint we'll head to. It really depends on how many people attend. I will let everyone know as soon as I can.
(WE COULD SO BE THESE GIRLS, LOL)
Buddha Bodai seems to be one of the better causal vegan dim sum restaurants in NY. The reviews are great. The menu is large and the portions are very generous. It's the perfect place to share many appetizers and entrees!!! Music to my ears! I like to sample tons of different dishes at once, so I pretty much hit the jackpot!
With larger events, I really need to get an accurate list of who's attending. So for this event, a small fee will be in place and will go toward meetup dues. Donating members can bypass this. Just simply email or text me informing me that you'd like to attend, and you will automatically be added to the event. I know sometimes a fee can turn a few people off, I really hope that isn't the case here. If anyone has any issues regarding this, please, please make sure to speak to me about it.
Whether this turns out to be a large or relatively small event, I can't wait to get to meet you gorgeous vegan gals.
• Cash only ladies, so please come prepared. I will try not to forget myself. We all know I've made that mistake a few times :)
• A gluten-free menu is available. Just ask and you shall receive.
• Please try to be prompt. But if you are going to be late, no worries. I've been there myself. Just give me a quick heads up via text.
• The date is still somewhat tentative, so if you can't make, please let me know. If many people have the same conflict, I may consider changing it.
• I'm big on taking pictures. These events aren't for the camera shy :)
There won't be a waiting list for this event, but still let me know if you can no longer attend. It makes my job much easier :)