addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

New York Architecture + Interior Design Message Board › The Garden Community of Forest Hills and Kew Gardens

The Garden Community of Forest Hills and Kew Gardens

Bill
wgati
Kew Gardens, NY
Post #: 50
The Garden Community of Forest Hills Gardens and Kew Gardens
About this Meetup Group

We will have a special hike through historical Kew Gardens and Forest Hills Gardens. Our destination will be a quaint restaurant in Forest Hills Gardens so pack a snack. We will be done with the walk at 1:00. We will pass by some nice shops on Austin Street and see some antiques on Metropolitan Avenue. We will also be hiking in Forest Park for a spell.

Since I am an architect, we will be focusing on the Planned Garden Community Concept of Forest Hills Gardens and Kew Gardens and see some beautiful homes from the outside. Bring your cameras and note-pads. You will learn a great deal about architecture and urban planning.

The cost is $5 on the day of the hike and $3 in advance thru paypal. Organizers do not need to pay.

If you want to be an organizer, please let me know.

We will meet at Dunkin Donuts at 9:45 AM

We shall leave at 10 AM sharp

We shall hike for about 1.5 hours

We shall eat at a historic local restaurant

We shall be done around 1:00 PM

I hope to see you there!

Bill

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--
Date & time
Monday, March 2, 2009 9:45 AM Location
Dunkin DONUTS
116 ST and Metropolitan Avenue
Kew Gardens, NY 11415
718 849-8083Who’s coming?
5 Yes / 0 Maybe Who's organizing?
Annie , Bill , and werner
“ We will be standing outside ”
Price
$5.00 per person

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--

5 Yes
Gia & Alan, Ambassadors from Bayside
Unpaid Mark paid RobertsAlice
Unpaid Mark paid werner, Senior Photographer
Unpaid Mark paid Bill, Guide
Unpaid Mark paid Annie, Time Keeper
Unpaid Mark paid
George A.
OfHandandSoul
East Elmhurst, NY
Post #: 34
Hello Bill,