- Henry Stewart DAM NYC Pre-Event Meetup
Hello and Happy Spring NYC DAMers! Please join us at this year's kickoff meetup for the Henry Stewart DAM New York conference. The first 50 people to arrive will receive a complimentary drink courtesy of our official hosts Widen! Meet up with old friends, make some new ones and raise a glass to a DAM good conference. We hope to see you there!
- Pre-conference Social Sponsored by Insight Exchange Network
NYCDAM and Insight Exchange Network (IEN) are excited to announce a joint meet-up for DAM practitioners from the New York area and beyond on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 from 6-8 PM at The Rum House in New York. This meet-up will serve as a kickoff to IEN’s 2nd annual Digital Asset Management Practitioners’ Summit, on January 24-25. Please RSVP for the evening meetup as space is limited to the first 40 attendees. We look forward to seeing you there! -- Register for the IEN conference by December 21 to secure your place at the early bird rate to save $300. The code is M123NYDAM15 and is 15% off the DAM practitioner rate. It can also be combined with the early-bird rate until that expires. Conference registration link: https://www.insightxnetwork.com/digital-asset-management-summit-2019.html
- Case Study - DAM & Archives at Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
Join us for a case study of Digital Asset Management at Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and the unique challenges of working with performance-based content. Chad Sutton, Director of Information Technology, will share past and present efforts to assess, categorize, and manage digital assets along with the importance of socializing digital asset stewardship throughout an organization. Schedule: Arrivals, Network (6:00 - 6:30 PM) Case Study/Presentation, Q&A (6:30 - 7:30 PM) Network, Closing (7:30 - 8:00 PM) About Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater: https://www.alvinailey.org/about/alvin-ailey-american-dance-theater The Ailey Studios is fully ADA compliant and all spaces are accessible to persons of all abilities.
- Henry Stewart DAM NYC Pre-Event Social Meetup
Make the most of your time at DAM New York 2018 by joining us at the Henry Stewart DAM NYC Pre-Event Social. There will be a guest list at the door and an RSVP is REQUIRED to attend this event. So, please RSVP via the link below to reserve your place! https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dam-new-york-2018-pre-event-meetup-tickets-44253428195 The first 100 to arrive will receive a complimentary drink courtesy of our official hosts STYLELABS. Meet up with old friends, make some new ones and raise a glass to a DAM good conference. We hope to see you there! * REMEMBER, you must RSVP to attend this event. * Hosted by STYLELABS, in collaboration with the NYC DAM Meetup Group
- Insight Exchange Network Social
• What we'll do This social event is to celebrate the starting day of the Digital Assets and Content Leadership Exchange by the Insight Exchange Network. You are not required to attend the 3-day conference from January 22 through January 24 to attend this NYC DAM Meetup. This is a cash bar social meetup. Here are more details about Digital Assets & Content Leadership Exchange presented by Insight Exchange Network (IEN): As content velocity increases and the volume of digital assets grows exponentially, maximizing those assets’ value hinges on managing them effectively. IEN’s Digital Assets & Content Leadership Exchange will provide innovative insights on how you can effectively monetize and maintain your digital asset infrastructure. You will also come away with practical strategies that can enable you to keep up with the increasing complexity and quickening pace of asset management and delivery. Download the brochure here and register with the code DAMMEET200 for $200 off Registration Link: https://www.insightxnetwork.com/store/p37/digital-assets-content-leadership-exchange-register?utm_source=anotherdamblog&utm_campaign=dac Event Page/Download Brochure Link: https://www.insightxnetwork.com/digital-assets-and-content-leadership-exchange.html?utm_source=anotherdamblog&utm_campaign=dac • What to bring • Important to know Cash bar
- Ecosystems of DAM
The event is in the Empire State Building. Enter on the 34th St. side of the building and ask for the check-in desk. There will be pre-printed badges and a Shutterstock team member to assist with any questions. NOTE: Due to security rules at the venue, you MUST be registered with a full name or you will not be added to the list for the event. ----------------------------------------- For this event, we will be exploring the "Ecosystems of DAM". In other words, where DAM lies in an organization's tech and business landscape. Is it the spoke, the wheel, or everything but the kitchen sink? "Ecosystems of DAM” doesn’t put DAM in the middle of the universe, but places it within the community of organisms that interact as a whole; supporting a project, a department or an enterprise. It’s important to define the boundaries, rules, and processes that govern how DAM is not only implemented but perceived by an organization. By understanding the larger ecosystem in this way, DAM can respond to the dynamic factors that define modern business environments and better support current and future needs. We will discuss these factors and how they translate to DAM planning, implementation, and maintenance. PANELISTS — Carin Forman - Director, Digital Photo Services, HBO — Mitch Brodsky - Senior Business System Analyst - Red Hat — Lauren Dohr, Principal, MediaVerse Information Management Our hosts for this event, Shutterstock, are providing food from Rosa Mexicana. See you there, The NYC DAM Meetup Organizing Crew
- DAM, AI and Automation
AI...Hot topic these days. You have a library of 10,000 images. How great would it be to auto-tag those files and be done. Can it be that easy? Does that work? Should it be that easy? And what about not just tagging. Workflows, distribution, multi-system. We could go on... Henrik de Gyor (https://twitter.com/hgg101) & Joy Ardizzone (https://twitter.com/JoyArdizzone) will lead a panel of experts in discussing the possibilities with attendees. We will dive into the obvious and not so obvious applications. Plus dig into some of the more controversial issues that AI and automation can uncover. Some of the questions we will ask and discuss are: • Are people scared of AI because they worry it is not accurate? As a sub-topic, is there implicit bias in the tagging? (That will be a barn burner) • Are applications of AI in relation to DAM not there yet? • In the DAM field, do we think AI will take away our jobs one day? Agenda 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm - Networking 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Moderated panel discussion with Q&A Panelists - Brea Tremblay (https://www.linkedin.com/in/brea-tremblay-94531b61/), Content Strategy, Viacom - Kristin Shevis (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristinshevis/), Chief Customer Officer, Clarifai - Mark Milstein (https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-milstein-60aba53/), Managing Director, Microstock Solutions 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm - Wrap up and Networking We look forward to seeing you, The NYC DAM Meetup Organizing Crew
- Pre Henry Stewart Social
Please join us at this year's kickoff meetup for the Henry Stewart DAM New York conference. The first 100 people to arrive will receive a complimentary drink courtesy of our official hosts Aprimo! Meet up with old friends, make some new ones and raise a glass to a DAM good conference. We hope to see you there!