Come enjoy an evening of storytelling from experts in design thinking and media innovation! Hosted by startup StoryTour.
• Ian Curry is an interaction designer developing creative tools with FiftyThree, the folks who make Paper (and Pencil). Formerly leading interaction design at Local Projects, his past work included crowdsourced history projects for the 9/11 Memorial Museum. @heavymeta
• Adriana Garcia is co-founder of OrbitalLAB, Brazil's first media venture lab. As a Knight fellow, she studied at Stanford's d.school and is working to bring design thinking innovation to newsrooms. @drigarcia
• Olivia Koski is head of community for Creatavist and a former senior producer at The Atavist. She has worked as a laser engineer, technology transition manager, science journalist, and event producer. @oliviakoski
• Reggie Murphy is principal consultant of research & strategy at Electronic Ink, where he pursues his passion to understand people's desires and expectations to design more simple, delightful, and engaging experiences for them. @reggiemurphy
• Dan Oshinsky, newsletter editor/staff writer at Buzzfeed, was the founder of Stry.us, a long-form news project that told stories in places like Biloxi, Miss., and Springfield, Mo. @danoshinsky
Light food and networking 6:30pm - 7pm
Stories: 7pm - 8pm
Optional networking 8pm - 9pm
This event is part of the launch of StoryTour's Business Section, featuring passionate professionals each telling a true story - without PowerPoint. Tonight's edition will feature design thinkers and media innovators each telling stories around the theme "Outside the Box."
Hosted by Samantha Gross, founder of StoryTour, an in-person magazine that's returning storytelling to an offline, face-to-face experience.