Presenting the 15 Fellows of the 2014 Tow-Knight Entrepreneurial Journalism Program (http://towknight.org/class-of-2014). Grab a chocolate and meet the fellows one-on-one to hear about their startup projects at this free open house. Startups include:
• BrickCityLive (http://www.brickcitylive.com), a news website that connects people who live and work in Newark, NJ with news, resources, events, and each other.
• achdarumgehts.de (http://www.achdarumgehts.de), (“That’s what it’s all about”), a video-format that explains the background and context of news with little animated videos.
• Go Baller (http://signup.goballer.com/), a social discovery app for sports fans.
• UpStrt (http://www.upstrt.com/), a news, info, data website dedicated to covering the Internet of Things.
• HashtagThat (http://hashtagthat.com), a b2b service for social media-ites to help them inform their hashtag strategy
• emojiville, an open marketplace for emojis where users can create and use new emojis instantly
• PitchMe (http://www.pitchme.org/), an Etsy for journalism, connecting talented journalists and new indie publishers.
• BushwickDaily (http://bushwickdaily.com), a trend-setting online publication about life and style in the coolest Brooklyn neighborhood.
• Latin American Radar (http://www.latinamericanradar.com), an online news platform about emerging economies across Latin America.
• My Correspondent (https://www.facebook.com/mycorrespondent), a platform to connect writers and readers. For shedding light on matters not covered by the media and serving for future story.
• Ada (http://ada.vc), a blog about technology and digital culture for Brazilian women
• The Torch (http://simplytorch.com), a mobile news service for over 3 m Indian tech professionals
• StoryTour (http://www.story-tour.com), an in-person magazine bringing its audience offline to connect with storytellers and experience stories firsthand.
• Project Q NYC (http://www.projectqnyc.com), a website dedicated solely to the lives of queer women in New York City.
• Grit Mode (http://www.gritmode.com/), a digital magazine for smart, stylish, and sporty women, covering adventurous fitness lifestyles and the future of fashion in activewear, intelligent clothing and tech-driven wearable devices.