addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New York City Ukulele Meetup Group Message Board › Dr. Carol Sussal Reports on Results of Uke Fest Open Mike Contest

Dr. Carol Sussal Reports on Results of Uke Fest Open Mike Contest

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi All, Linda Susswein wrote me and asked for the results of the Contest, since I had tied for first place on Friday (it was a three day event starting on Thursday) and asked me to let everyone know the results as well. I came in second place by two votes in the runoff on Saturday. Ouch. The Contest was to give the winner the opportunity to play one song to open the last Concert of the Fest on Saturday. When Debi Hula, the organizer of the event, announced the results to the audience we all got applauded and got prizes. What touched me most was after that that Debi said to the whole audience "Dr. Carol was in my heart and I really wanted her to win!" The bottom line is that even though I was disappointed I got many more prizes than I could imagine. The people in our group were so supportive, and loving, rooting me on, voting for me and caring. Special thanks to Geoff Stoner, Homer and Melissa, Robert and Jules, Ben and Tom, Joe and Linda. In restrospect this is all about what the Meet Up group is for, and I've certainly benefitted in gaining a bit more confidence and alot more experience. Carol
Linda S.
user 11379318
New York, NY
Post #: 16
Well done, Carol!! Thanks for posting this. laughing
Liam Tomás O.
LiamOD
Bryn Mawr, PA
Post #: 1
Carol,
Wish I could have been there to see/hear you and all the others perform. Looking forward to our next open mike whenever/wherever that might be.
Liam